Left Handed, 63 year old, beginner!

Howdy, I am 107 of 109 lessons in and amazed at what this old-timer can learn!! Love the lessons and having no issues translating everything into “left-handed-ness”. I do have a couple of questions as I move ahead (with a goal of jamming and playing with a band post-Covid). 1) It feels like time to cue up the vinyl and play!! Is that the logical next step, as long as I keep practicing scales, etc.? 2) I have meaty hands, but not long slender fingers. Any suggestions for best ways to max stretch my hands and loosen up my wrist…and maybe cheat a little when trying to reach 3-4 frets? Thanks!!!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on almost finishing the course, @robocomp101 and it’s great that you had little trouble in translating it into “left-handed” . . . :slight_smile:

If you want to join a band, decide which songs you like the best and start with them. Your hands and fingers should stretch out with time.

Cheers and good luck,
Joe

3 Likes

Welcome @robocomp101. It’s always nice to see more of you youngsters joining the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @robocomp101! I started seriously with B2B when I was 63 as well. There are plenty of us “old timers” here.

5 Likes

Thanks, Joe. The band I want to play with sent me their playlist, which is now a spotify list!! I am going to start trying to play along with that list, per your recommendation. I am also downloading tab sheets for those songs and others. FUN!!!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @robocomp101,
sounds like your really enjoying the course and are looking forward to getting out there and playing in a band,
Enjoy the ride,

Cheers
Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @robocomp101

3 Likes