Let’s talk BeatBuddy: Setups & Usage

For BeatBuddy owners (full size or Mini), how do you have yours hooked up for playback, and how often do you use it? :thinking:

2 Likes

Every day @MikeC

I run 1/4” stereo out cables from the left of the pedal into a 3.5mm stereo in on my preamp. This means when I practice with headphones I get a stereo drum signal.

Also by putting it after the multi effects pedal the drum sound isn’t coloured by any effect (I think)

2 Likes

So you’re playing back through your amp cab?

Sometimes I’ll run out from the Ampeg SGT-DI preamp into my Rumble but for most practice I’ll just run from the headphone out on my preamp and listen on bins.

It has cab sims built into it but I don’t use it for headphone practice.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Mines in my mini board signal chain post tuner before effects but really don’t use effects when using it.
I play it through my amp (Phil Jones Cub-120). The PJB has wide range so sounds great.
Use it more for sax than bass for sure.
Bought the Jazz bundle for it, lists of good beats in there.

1 Like

I’ve been slammed with work so I haven’t had the time to finish setting up all gear my in music room, including hooking up my Mini.

The easiest way for me would be to run it through my Rumble 40. I just don’t know if it would sound good enough.

The Mini directions say best results come by playing the unit back through a hifi stereo system, but I don’t have a spare.

I think it would be fine.
It’s not like you’re looking for hi-fidelity from the drums or anything.

:+1:

It is the path of least resistance, which is a major positive right now.

I think @MikeC the simplest would be a male to male 3.5mm cable. Out of the headphone socket on the Beat Buddy and the Aux in on the back of the Rumble. Control the drum volume from the volume dial on the Beat Buddy.

I don’t think the 40 has an effects loop?

1 Like

Yep, that seems like the most direct way.

The 40 is a great little amp, but it has basic features.

1 Like

This is actually the best way to do it IMO. By using the aux in you skip the preamp and you use a stereo signal. There is really no need to put the beatbuddy in a signal chain. You can just use it standalone like a real drummer :laughing:

2 Likes

As everyone knows, real drummers are best left standing alone.

2 Likes

I got a BeatBuddy today. In a positive side, I hear
it won’t drink all my beer!

1 Like