Let There Be Drums (Documentary)

Written and directed by Justin Kreutzmann, son of the Grateful Dead’s drummer, Bill Kruetzmann, I thought this was well worth the $5.99 I paid to watch it on Amazon Prime.

Not surprisingly, roughly 30% of the film is about the Dead. Another 30% is focused on the offspring of world famous drummers. Kofi (Ginger) Baker. Jason (John) Bonham. Nic (Phil) Collins. Amanda (Keith) Moon. What it was like to be carrying on the legacy of their fathers (except Amanda, she doesn’t drum).

The rest is a cornucopia of amazing drummers who’s names I won’t list because we all know how to Google.

I think it’s definitely worth your time if only for the scene where a reporter asks Keith Moon which of The Who’s gold records was his favorite and he responds, “Would you like to meet my cats?”

9 Likes

There’s a reason he was Moon the Loon

4 Likes

His daughter seems to be following in his footsteps. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Is that the one that has the last interview with Taylot Hawkins?

3 Likes

Yes. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I vaguely remember talking to someone ( or possibly read it somewhere…… I honestly can’t remember) who went to school with Keith Moon and apparently he was as nutty as a fruit cake even that young

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on that, i really want to see that and I didn’t realise it was out

2 Likes