Like BassBuzz but for [Insert Instrument Here]

I was thinking that I see threads popping up every now and then that are looking for BassBuzz-like education but for different instruments. I wanted to compile a list for easy reference. If you find something for an instrument (and any instrument), comment and I’ll add it to the master list on this post. I’m starting with stuff I’ve found in the forums already.

4 Likes

Some of those threads have many good recommendations and have been around forever. Maybe link to the threads instead?

For guitar, this site gets a lot of attention. Justinguitar.com

For drums, my brother has said mike lessons is the best around.
So, +1 to mikeslessons.com.

@mr.crispy Isn’t harmonica.com the sister site to BassBuzz?

3 Likes

That’s what Josh said, yeah. Might have to pick up a harmonica and check it out.

1 Like

…is Jay Metcalf’s Better Sax. Hands down the best online resource and lessons.

1 Like

Updated! Thanks!

1 Like

I can recommend Harmonica.com. Its a great website and harmonica resource and has a similar layout to this one. I did the Beginner to Boss course :slight_smile: and as a result my harmonica collection just got bigger!

1 Like

Best for spoon playing.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCyGd0H8w4UGcTatwhoKqZYTT_a87rf08

1 Like

For free, highly recommended by many, online beginner banjo lessons here is a link that may interest you:

And for a beginner’s Banjo book I recommend Bluegrass Banjo For The Complete Ignoramus by Wayne Erbsen. Hard to beat for less than $20 US.
Here is a link: https://nativeground.com/

Regarding guitar another site, that I feel is under rated, and I have seen recommended many times on forums, is The Good Guitarist with James Testani.
His YouTube site has many free lessons and song tutorials.
Also, his beginner’s course is very reasonably priced and his teaching methods are very similar to B2B.
Here is a link to his YouTube site:

1 Like

I need to go back to this. Really difficult to find something even close to the way Bassbuzz is organised. Justin has a great style and content.

1 Like

Regardless of who else I check out, I always end up back at Justin’s site.

2 Likes

Ya I like him a lot.
Wish I had the time to go through the whole thing. Sigh.

2 Likes