Line6 HX Stomp vs. Boss GT-1000CORE

I am currently wondering which one I should get.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Line6: has a greater selection of effects, greater selection of amps (though I think for bass, it would be a good idea to get the additional bass pack, which costs another … 100$?).

Boss: I can use more effects at the same time, though from a smaller selection. In the Line6 it is 6 effects simultanously (and depending on the effects, it might not even have to power to run 6, from what I heard), vs. the Boss that can support 24 effects in one patch.

Also, the Boss can have up to 3 paths, and the divider doesn’t only have the ability to go either/or or both paths, but you can also add a LPF, enable a path via some parameters like volume (so you could add distortion basically depending on your picking strenght), which sounds like a cool feature to play around with.

What I was thinking right now about the Line6: it has the added bonus off being able to get the DAW plugin for 99$, which would, as long as I am using my computer for example to record, make it that I could basically use 12 patches, which should be more than enough.

What would you choose? If I bought the HX Stomp + the DAW plugin, they would basically be the same price right now.

Though right now, I think I will wait until end of November, maybe some good black friday sales will come up.

1 Like

I don’t know much about these types of things, but you may want to throw this in the running too as long as you are at it…

https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex

2 Likes

The Quad Cortex is the king, sure, but double the price.

I would personally go with the HX Stomp here precisely because you get Helix Native for $99 too. In fact all I really want is Helix Native :rofl:

But really either choice would be good.

1 Like

Wow, this thing looks amazing with its touch screen! That would definitely be the thing I’d get if money wasn’t a thing to consider! :smiley:

“Want to run four amplifier models, stereo reverbs, and a plethora of other effects simultaneously? Quad Cortex won’t even break a sweat.”
From what I found out from my research, amp modelling is kinda the hardest on the hardware, so running 4 amp models is not a small feat, I think.

Regarding the HX Stomp: Does Helix Native even have the 6 block limit, or is it like: whatever the computer can handle? My computer should be able to handle a lot.

2 Likes

Good question, not sure, but I would imagine it’s probably not limited? Or at least if there is a limit it might be the Helix Rack limit or something, not the Stomp.

I want it mostly for the set of amp sims it has. Line6 makes really good amp sims. (I already have other plugins covering the other effects in the DAW.)

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I mean, it is Helix Native. Not “HX Stomp Native”. So I am pretty sure it should be able to do more.

Yes, the Amp sims on the Helix should be better than the ones from Boss, from what I understand. Boss also just released a Hardware just for Amp Sims (the Boss IR-200).
I guess they would rather have you buy both the IR-200 and the GT-1000, so I don’t see them updating the GT-1000 with new Amp sims anytime soon.

2 Likes

FYI - to date I’ve seen zero of my pedals break a sweat :rofl:

1 Like

FYI it can do 8 now after the 3.0 firmware update

2 Likes

I vote for the HX Stomp. Awesome device and very intuitive to use.

2 Likes

That is a very interesting info. Because earlier I was thinking: Hm, if it just was two blocks more that could be used, that would be kind off an sweet spot for me :smiley:

Helix Native has a 15 day trial, so I could even kinda testdrive the Stomp with that and see if it fits.

2 Likes