Looking for green day bass tabs

Hi yall just wondering if any of you have any recommendations regarding green day bass tab books, online tabs, ect. I’m a beginner bass player and I dont really know where to look.

2 Likes

There’s a couple Green Day songs in the 50 First Songs Pack, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Have you tried Big Bass Tabs?

2 Likes

Thanks, i just checked and longveiw by green day is included in the pack, which is great! I am also looking to learn boulevard and 21 guns which dont appear to be included.

3 Likes

Not yet, I hear that alot of online tabs are inaccurate. I’ll check it out though.

2 Likes

I think the thing with tabs is that, as long as you know they might be inaccurate, they give you a decent starting point. As long as you listen closely to the song and then compare that to what you hear from your bass, you can use it as an opportunity to work on developing your ear. Basically, try the tabs and then see if it sounds right or horribly wrong, haha. When it sounds wrong, play around a bit from the last “right” note to see if you can figure out the next one yourself.

2 Likes

I have a subscription to ultimate-guitar.com, they are running a 80% off special right now for Black Friday and have tons of Green Day tabs. Depending on what you like to play, it may be worth it for you to subscribe. A lot of the members here are successful using free sites as others have mentioned already, I just found a value in getting a subscription which allowed me to download songs in GuitarPro format, which is more complete that just a tab sheet and is great for practicing.

3 Likes

:100: I’ve got Guitar Pro and use Ultimate Guitar.

2 Likes

It’s actually a Cyber Monday 85% off for a year subscription, $19.99.

2 Likes

Songsterr has a quite a few tabs. I also have Ultimate Guitar, but use both

2 Likes

Ditto, I have found this a good combo for learning and practicing songs.

2 Likes

I think you can find a lot of green day tabs at 911 tabs. Oftentimes online tabs leave a lot to be desired, so i Hope you can find what you need. Also, Welcome@master_ioner! Please enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions and advice everybody.

1 Like

Ultimate Guitar has a zillion “official” ones.

3 Likes

I bought this:

Haven’t looked deeply, but seems decent…

2 Likes

Try Ultimate Guitar.com. That’s where I get most of my tabs from. Also, you can check out YT and find people playing along with their songs and sometimes they share the tab on screen as they play.
Green Day, 500 chords & tabs found @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com Search

I downloaded the Songsterr app (IIRC $4.99/month) and it has TONS of tabs from thousands of artists.

They aren’t all accurate but it’s a pretty handy app as you can play the songs with the backing music, or listen to the solo bass. You can also slow down the songs anywhere from 15%-100% speed which can be really helpful for the really fast songs. You can also highlight specific chunks of the song so it will just play your highlighted area on repeat if you’re struggling with a specific section.

Songsterr is basically the best large free tabs site. They also use modern tabs with timing info, and I find them more accurate on average than Ultimate Guitar.

I love the Official ones. It;'s funny because they aren’t actually official. just some good transcoders put the sheets together.
I just got an email that a song that I’d requested an official sheet for has been started. Christmas Baby Please Come Home. They say it can take a few days.

Great community there, when the odd asshat isn’t mouthing off in the comments.

1 Like

There is good amount of videos at youtube for your help https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=green+day+bass+tabs