M.I.A missing members

Good luck brother. Keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow

4 Likes

Good luck Toby @T_dub

6 Likes

Stay strong @LesterH.
Sorry to hear.

5 Likes

Holy cap! I saw a posts from @Lanny and @Vik over the last couple days. Hey guys! :wave:

11 Likes

Lucky You @eric.kiser Eric!!:rofl::rofl:. Hope you’re doing fine up there in the big city!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

76 posts were split to a new topic: Tdub Recovery

Anybody heard from @terb lately?

7 Likes

Yes, he posted 4 days ago in the “Share some Good Music Friday” topic.

edit: Post #3989

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

He did mention he has a lot going on and would be back in a bit.

5 Likes

Today I’ve got removed 7 bolts. 4 rods and two plates from my hand. … And after I got home the very first thing was … trying to play my bass. It’s not possible… My fretting F on E string was literally like my hand is gonna explode into pieces. But I know right now, that those 8 months to a year of not playing bass will not be so accurate.

I need to play, it’s ridiculous how much I am missing an instrument I was involved with for not even a half year. But it will work, I will make it work.

15 Likes

Sounds like a tough recovery . . . :frowning:

Good luck to you, @wellbi

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Hang tough

7 Likes

You can do it @wellbi , we are all here cheering you on. Stay strong and determined. You can do it!

6 Likes

Welcome back @wellbi ,
Hang tough buddy, you will get back to where you want to be​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I’ve got one plate and 7 pins in my right hand after 5 major operations @wellbi . Did it around 10 years ago and trust me do the physio, don’t push too hard and you will get where you want to be.
Good luck with your recovery and most of all be kind to yourself

8 Likes

Speedy recovery @wellbi !!
Do what they tell you, it matters a lot!

7 Likes

Yes, but rest assured, that it is easier to come back then it feels when you first pick the bass back up.
I am happy you are recovering, that is great, and I am sorry your hand hurts badly when playing.
Keep playing, but don’t over do anything yet, give your hand a chance to heal properly with the removal of internal hardware. I have been there myself, having internal hardware removed. Many years ago, and from my right femur, from knee to hip, rather than my hand, but I still understand where you are now. It will take time, but as time goes on, it will get better.

5 Likes

Speaking of MIA members - where are you @MonsieurFahrenheit Eric?

4 Likes

Yeah him too!

3 Likes

I’m going to echo @Mac, do to the physical therapy! All of it. It sucks and is painful, but it makes a difference.
My left foot and ankle are almost entirely rebuilt out of titanium. I fell through a ceiling in 2015 and dropped 14 feet onto a concrete floor. It still hurts. It will always hurt. But the physical therapy made a difference and I can walk, which wasn’t always guaranteed.
Anybody else notice that, dang, we’ve got a lot of gimpy people on here!
Edited to add: from the ankle down, I am freakin’ Wolverine! If I could fight crime with just my left foot, I would be unstoppable :grinning:

7 Likes