M.I.A missing members

I’m going to echo @Mac, do to the physical therapy! All of it. It sucks and is painful, but it makes a difference.
My left foot and ankle are almost entirely rebuilt out of titanium. I fell through a ceiling in 2015 and dropped 14 feet onto a concrete floor. It still hurts. It will always hurt. But the physical therapy made a difference and I can walk, which wasn’t always guaranteed.
Anybody else notice that, dang, we’ve got a lot of gimpy people on here!
Edited to add: from the ankle down, I am freakin’ Wolverine! If I could fight crime with just my left foot, I would be unstoppable :grinning:

7 Likes

You got this @wellbi . Speedy recovery wishes for ya.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I never got mine removed @John_E . They left it in too long and the bone healed over the screw heads . I was offered the option of having it chipped off the heads then removed but after the fiasco of the bone graft I declined

4 Likes

It must be bass player’s, I have plates and screws in my left ankle as well.
I crushed my foot in a horizontal directional drill unit.
Did the rehab and am all good now👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

My left is a lot bigger than the right, but at least it still works😃

5 Likes

On October 8th, I will have a right knee that can join your crime fighting team.
Hopefully by the end of the year, and if not, within the first 2 months of next year, I will have a Left knee that can join in.

I don’t guess you have any plans to go bionic on your right foot :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m not far :slight_smile: thanks @PamPurrs

7 Likes

I’ll join in - fell off a ladder in 2018. Dislocated my left knee - complete tears in all four ligaments in my knee (ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL), broke my tibia, dislocated my left elbow and ruptured ulnar ligament and broke my radius in my arm. A very, very kind person who was an organ donor gave me a great gift - their Achilles tendon, which was cut into four and replaced my knee ligaments, attached via various metal bits and bobs. Modern medicine is freaking incredible. Lots and lots of physical therapy over the following years and I can walk properly again and am back doing most of what I used to do (except run) and my left arm is healed sufficiently to play drums and bass. Drums were a big part of my initial rehab for both knee and arm. Patience and kindness to oneself are crucial. :heart:

7 Likes

“This is Information that would have been helpful to have Yesterday, Linda”

• Robbie Hart

Seriously tho, that can help prior to accidents, to prevent injuries.
And yes, REHAB is super beneficial. I have been told several times in my youth I may not walk again, or may always use a cane, or crutch or wheel chair, etc… Not after Rehab, and I ended up with full use for many years after (first major knee injury was in like 80 or 81, and last major was 91), and I was walking and using my legs for snowboarding and surfing and such, up til about 5-6 years ago. Past year has been the worst.
Knew Knee is what, 11 days out now? Very grateful for the chance to Rehab again.

6 Likes

Now that’s a blast from the past.

2 Likes

@T_dub Toby appears to be missing again. I worry about him because we know he’s had some health issues. Has anyone heard from him?

11 Likes

I was thinking about him yesterday.

6 Likes

Me too !

5 Likes

you have now.

Sitting in a chair is still about the most painful thing. It really bothers my hip (which I fear will need replacement to, but hip replacements are supposed to be easy peasy, and you can be rehabbed and back to normal within a few weeks.)

So, I get on the computer for a few times a day, and do a few things needed, then I try to catch up with all the messages and hit all the threads I was tagged in and if possible / necessary, leave a message for those who messaged me.
aftar more then about 10 min, I start squirming all around the chair, and then my typing goes really bad, I can’t concentrate, and then I eventually get up and walk around or go lay down.

walking feel fine, for certain distances, but it gets me across the street to in - n - out burger, or the liquor market next door for cigarettes and Starbucks cold 3x energy (mocha) and the mocha NITRO drinks, and the old stable double shot Starbucks smaller cans. then a couple bags of beef jerky and smokes. Everything but the smokes I get EBT. then I walk back, carefully, cuz if I get excited to get home and race thru the apartments (with really uneven ground), I risk a fall, and that can still be bad.

I was supposed to go to get x-rays yesterday, and then go up and see the surgeon for the 6 week check up, but they put a flash flood warning up from sometime in the AM thru 3pm, and my appointments were at 1 and 2:45, so I had to postpone them to next week.
So next week he will get X-rays and look them over and see how everything is progressing. I feel like it is going good, I have most of my range of motion back now, its just with my right Hip (same side I did the knee) and my left knee now feel 50% worse, because this one now feels good.
So the sooner I can get the next two surgeries, the better.
I thing that I will be able to do my next knee in end of January, followed by the right hip soon after.
Problem is I have never had an MRI on my left hip yet, so I will get the dr to send me for not wnen I see him on Tuesday, and then if they say yes, it needs to be replaced, I need to talk to them more seriously about which to do first, the knee, so I have stability on both legs, or the hip, so when I rehab eat left knee, I don’t have to hold back because of the hip.

anyway, that what’s been going on with me. and I am done after re-stringing a bass, and getting on here, reading some of the back files, then seeing the MIA thread. I figured it best to post here to let you all know I am alive
Thanks for the concern Pam, and all so inquired. I am on the mend, and will be back soon. just have to be able to sit in the chair longer, and it is starting to happen a little more each time, so I should be back once again to show all the goodies I have gotten or done while on this rehab break.
don’t expect much, but it is a little of work, somewhat on basses you would not expect me to work on, but you will wee shortly.

17 Likes

Great to hear from you @T_dub Toby!

4 Likes

Glad to hear you’re progress is coming along nicely Toby @T_dub ,
Looking forward to seeing what you have been working on :thinking::thinking:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hmm, about five days since we got a covid update from @PamPurrs. Anyone hear from her?

5 Likes

Not recently. I’m hoping she’s okay and recuperating

5 Likes

Thanks for asking. I’m slowly coming back to life, but still have a ways to go. I’m forcing myself to eat even though food doesn’t taste good. I’ve lost 12 lbs and I don’t want to lose any more.
I’m still energy deficient, but force myself to do easy activities around the house, but then I need to rest.
I’m optimistic, but we just lost our brother-in-law to similar symptoms of COVID. I WILL get through this!

17 Likes

Hang in there, Pam.

7 Likes