M.I.A missing members

Maybe he’s busy with his new band.

6 Likes

@juli0r had said he wouldn’t be posting very much since he had so little time between work picking up and learning all the new songs for the band.

5 Likes

It’s weird for @T_dub to take three days off from the forum. Here’s hoping he and his family are doing well.

7 Likes

I recall he had been talking about moving. Perhaps that’s the reason?

6 Likes

Last seen chasing an orange Stingray :rofl: :guitar:
Jamie

8 Likes

Three days I wouldn’t necessarily worry, dude’s moving :slight_smile:

Nice of you to be concerned though!

7 Likes

Not sure he is moving… I think he did that one or two weeks ago already…

Anyway, hope everything is alright!?

Kinda quiet in here… :wink:

6 Likes

I spoke with Toby (@T_dub) in a private conversation several days ago and he mentioned something about having computer problems. That might somewhat explain his absence.

7 Likes

really cool how close people have become here. i have tried participating on a couple other bass forums (mostly FB), and have kind of given up on them, not a lot of friendly responses (and a few somewhat hostile ones).

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing what groups those are? It would be good for us to know.

6 Likes

i’ll give you a clue, i’ve talked to you on it before :sunglasses:

5 Likes

That surprises me a great deal.

4 Likes

talkbass is a good example. Often more or less devolves into a purist ego wankfest :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve heard that too. I’ve never participated there though.

5 Likes

I occasionally go on there but it’s not an easy place to post if you’re not a regular.
Its kinda like …

6 Likes

Yes, that seems to happen quite often there!

The one advantage of TB is the much higher percentage of more experienced bass players there (than compared to BazzBuzz, where there are (logically) more beginners/intermediate players). So, if you need the wisdom of the more experienced ones, TB is a good place (if you can filter through the “noise”) - we have mostly Josh and Gio who have lots of experience.

On the other hand, we have members with very different backgrounds and particular interests, who are very helpful, supportive and friendly, and so we tackle most “challenges” most of the times without outside help :wink:

12 Likes

I know @T_dub was moving at the end of September so he may be absent because of that to. I was just wondering about him

7 Likes

Another MIA is @Vik who has always been very active, but we haven’t heard from since Sept 17th.

8 Likes

Yeah @Vik had been appearing less and less on the forum for awhile. Hopefully he’ll chime in and let us know what he’s been up to.

7 Likes

I think @Vik might just be way too deep in the Colorado countryside/mountains enjoying nature and staying away from everything starting with “C” and ending in “19” :smile:

Or working hard on a new rendition of those cello suite preludes… :wink:

10 Likes