M.I.A missing members

Yeah, I would love to not be here this week myself.

My Starter went out on my car on Friday morning. My car is in the shop til Tuesday at minimum, so I can’t even get in my car and drive out into the middle of nowhere. lol…

6 Likes

Him upstairs is certainly putting you through the wringer @T_dub :scream:
Fingers crossed here that things really improve for you and your family very soon

7 Likes

Yes, and 2020 was supposed to be the good year, where it turned around because 2012 started out and ended rather shitty. 2018 was not a great year, but 2017 and many before it were.

I am just going to try and sail smooth thru the end of 2020, chalk the past 2.5 years up to “whatever doesn’t kill ya, makes ya stronger” and 2021 is going to be a GREAT year with so much good stuff to come.

At least 2020 brought me back to music and into BASS and BASS BUZZ, so it was not all a loss, in fact, it was quite a find.

And it is good to type things like this out because I already feel so much more grateful after typing this out, realizing that although I have had 3 really hard and stressful years, I have a lot of good to speak of and show for regardless how bad and hard it got.

7 Likes

Welcome back Toby👍, @T_dub
Missed having your banter and stories to read on the forum.
Glad to hear your on the road back, stay safe.
Best wishes
Brian :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hiya guys & gals!

I thought I’d better pop my head up in here. I know a few of you had already heard from me, but it’s only polite to make an appearance in a thread that I’m mentioned - albeit a while back.

Just like everybody else, 2020 has become a tough & crazy year. It actually sailed past me for the first few months of C-19, and I hardly noticed a difference myself. It’s caught up with a vengeance and looks set to get a bit worse before it possibly gets better, but we’re looking at 3 cancer diagnosis in our immediate bubble (including my brother) and a change in work for my wife which means she’ll be staying away from home for 5 or 6 nights of each week.

I have a lot of jobs to do around the house & land, so the bass is a distant dream, although I think it’ll be brought up the ranking soon to keep me sane.

Other than a bad back and struggle with the situation, I’m actually ok - physically, at least. It’s good to see so many regulars still around, and it’s great that there is an extra support for folk going through tough times: we may not be able to help much, but having somebody at the end of the keyboard can be enough to tip us away from the edge.

Stay on touch, and thanks for reaching out to some lapsed bassists.

12 Likes

Sorry to hear about your year @PeteP. Good to see you back and relatively okay.
Not long until 2021 and let’s hope we all have a good one. I think a good few folks here are due one
:+1:

8 Likes

The whole planet needs a good decade, let alone year. I don’t want to be a Negative Neville, but I don’t see our politicians doing much to help with that. We need to do it for ourselves, pull together, and show more humanity & consideration than too many people are lacking right now. Locally we’ve seen so many examples of people being selfish & reckless. It’s depressing.

On the bright side, I’ve finished building yet another shed that will house a load of furniture projects that I’ll be selling off cheap, and anything that doesn’t sell will be broken into wood material, and I may just start making bass guitar bodies - just for fun, you understand?

Seriously though, having some like-minded folk out there and willing to listen and chat about stuff is a big deal. I heartily encourage everybody to keep in touch with somebody.

Big hugs and positive vibrations being sent out to those who are going through exceptional strife right now.

9 Likes

Hey @PeteP,
This year has been a difficult one for so many, and your right everyone on the B2B forum are happy to listen and offer support to each other.
I’m sure I speak for everyone in offering you best wishes in your current situation and am sure bigger and better things are heading your way.
Stay strong.
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

So right you are, and it is not only the other end of the keyboard, although it is great to have such a big and caring family here, but this side of the keyboard plays as much if not more into being able to tip away from the edge.

I find typing about my situation, before I am even done posting the post, I already feel better and am feeling more grateful and releived then when I started the post, and the HUGE benefit that others will read and some reply with kind words too is HUGE.
It sure keeps me in check, happier and way more grateful to post here.
I am just getting out of my shell after the hospital stint, and I am feeling more myself in the past 24 hours then anytime in the past 30 days,
so
YES, both sides of the keyboard are HUGE in keeping my mental health up and keeping me away from that teetering edge.

Sorry to hear all the tough news @PeteP
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts, hoping for the best.

7 Likes

Thanks Brian,
My banter may not be back in full force, YET :rofl: , but I will try to keep with stories for now :wink:

7 Likes

+1 to that. It’s one thing that doesn’t require any waiting or depend on what anyone else is doing.

7 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve been absent lately too. I’ve missed lots of the conversations, and my personal practice time has diminished greatly.

I think the last real comms I had with the BassBuzz forum was months ago on Zoom, and it was setup by @PamPurrs.

On that day, I was actually headed to a band rehearsal which quickly turned into a tryout… and, I landed the gig. I’ve been playing with the same singer/songwriter/ acoustic guitar, and drummer since then. All originals, kinda outlaw country/jammy bluegrass/southern rock. It wasn’t my first choice, but man, it has really been awesome playing with other musicians, and amplified!

We found a rehearsal space and have been practicing 3 nights/week for the last couple of months. It’s been a grind without any live gigs to play, and full time work, and winter storms pounding…but we’ve got 20 originals pretty dialed!

This past Sunday, we spent a couple hours in a local recording studio( it was my first time, and I was jittery AF, like a kid bouncing around on Xmas day) and now I have some much better mixes to share than just soundboard recordings from practice.

So, now I have a few mp3s that have been mixed, and my question is how do I post or share them? I’d love to get some feedback from everybody.

I’ll do a few searches, but I figured someone in this crew already knows. Do I have to get them hosted somewhere? Can I just attach a > 10MB file?

Thanks in advance. Peace.

9 Likes

Welcome back @Moose_Hofer and congrats on the gig. You can upload your mp3s to Soundcloud and link them here.

6 Likes

Holy crap! @Moose_Hofer all that is awesome! Congratulations!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Moose_Hofer :sunglasses:
That is way cool

5 Likes

Thanks guys. Super excited to share some music, but the band doesn’t want anything on SoundCloud yet… as of this morning. With respect to the songwriter, I’ve agreed.

But, I am allowed to share a couple tracks with friends. Hit me up directly if you want to hear something since I let the cat out of the bag.

Or standby to standby as we say at work for this may be awhile. Peace out.

6 Likes

I’m Not missing yet. But I am taking a bit of a break. My stepmom came home with a fever from work this past Friday and by Saturday evening me and my pops both tested positive for covid. And I feel like hell warmed over. So I will try and drop in when I have time. Stay safe everyone.

9 Likes

Take good care of yourself and your family. Not the most enjoyable thing to get through even without any complications :worried:

7 Likes

Anyone heard from Lanny? I can’t even tag him or find him in a search. It’s as if he has totally vanished from the face of the earth (or at least the B2B forum).

5 Likes

@PamPurrs, your post made me curious so I went through the Post your covers thread…
Looks like Lanny did change his username to @Lanny :sweat_smile:

6 Likes