MacOS Big Sur - anyone upgraded yet? Experiences?

As the title says - just want to hear whether any of you Mac guys have upgraded yet and, if so, what your experiences are? Perhaps especially with running music/recording related software!?!

Thx!

2 Likes

I am holding off at work, but we did just get a new M1 Mini with it on it and it’s fine so far. Haven’t tried a DAW on it but my wife is having no issues with Final Cut.

2 Likes

Thanks, @howard! Yes, still also holding off on both my private and my work Mac…

2 Likes

I did, once I was able to get the download. Works great, some tweaks to GB that aren’t bad (bigger set of loops etc).

4 Likes

I upgraded and haven’t noticed any issues in GarageBand, just a couple new UI tweaks. That’s one advantage of using the built-in software – you can always expect it to work seamlessly with OS updates. Though I’m sure developers of other DAWs are hip to Apple’s shenanigans at this point.

2 Likes

Hi Joerg,
I have upgraded and not any problems with any apps. I did have to upgrade Garage Band after Big Sur, but that was it. Music related apps such as Transcribe!, GB, and Audacity work fine.

4 Likes

Most software is updated for Mac Os Big Sur now. I had no problems so far!

5 Likes

Apple’s handling both Big Sur and the new processor very well for transitions. Even on the new processor, Rosetta works great for stuff that isn’t updated yet, as well.

5 Likes

Thanks all for the input! I took the plunge and installed it… and everything still seems to work, including Transcribe!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes