Manchester Bass Show - March 28/29th - UK

I know there aren’t a lot of us in here from the UK, but there may be more who are lurking, and possibly this will draw them out into the wintry British sunlight. This is just a thread to highlight what’s available to us, especially now that the London show has been rolled into the guitar show. Manchester is arguably a better, cheaper, friendlier host city too - and I don’t mean anything nasty about London, but to most folk from around the country it’s not the warmest place to be a stranger.

http://theukbassguitarshow.com/

I’m working on a plan to get down there - probably only for one day, but who knows.

4 Likes

Funny thing is, I had already marked the dates in my calendar… Still, I am not sure I can make it, or that I wanted to transport the bass myself… it depends a bit on how fast the rest of Europe implements customs fees etc after Brexit whether it would be worth it to “smuggle” the bass back into Denmark…

2 Likes

I must admit, I’m tempted but I have a lot of travel planned this year as it is and I’m not sure I want to add another two flights.

Of course if there’s enough interest in a mini-BassBuzz meet-up, that might swing the balance :wink:

As for Brexit, I wouldn’t worry yet. The implementation period lasts until the end of the year, during which, the border will remain duty free for goods and services. Come to think of it, that’s a good reason to buy up all those British amps I’m lusting after while I still can.

2 Likes

I’m up for it. It would be great to meet up with some members

1 Like

This might tempt a few people:

Artist Announcement
The UK Bass Guitar Show is thrilled to welcome bass legend Peter Hook, appearing in association with Yamaha Music Europe

4 Likes

I was assuming he’d be there, but seeing it official does make me jelly for sure. His new band (with both he and his also-pro son on bass) is killing it.

3 Likes

Leland Sklar has been confirmed for the show.

I’m struggling with the financial side of attending (despite having tickets) but it’s getting harder to not go. Looks like I may be sleeping in the train station while I 'm down there. :laughing:

3 Likes

@PeteP -At least be sure to bring a pillow and blanket, and for heavens (or Pete’s) sake, don’t roll over and fall off onto the tracks!!

5 Likes