Master volume and treble cut is it possible

It it possible to have one master volume pot and one treble cut pot? If so would there be a wiring diagram? So I can use it for reference.

2 Likes

Assuming it’s a passive p bass?

2 Likes

Isn’t that the standard wiring for a Precision bass?

4 Likes

Do you mean “treble bleed” and not “treble cut”? The thing that allows you to keep the high harmonics while reducing volume?

Treble bleed circuits bleed the treble to the output, not ground :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve done everything I wanted to do to my Generic Pbass, and yes it has passive pickups. I’ve got a 250K push pull volume pot and a 250k tone pot. It is my Harmony I was asking about. But, I decided to a 250k volume pot, and an output jack. For both of the fakebucker pickups. I would like to wire it to where you needed both jacks plugged in to get any sound.

1 Like

Nope, I’m trying to get rid of the treble, and keep the bass. So, I meant treble cut. I’ve seen volume pot, and bass cut pot. With two different pots, but with the treble cut. I’ve only seen the use of 3 pots.

I don’t know… My Generic Pbass is wired to play in series or parallel. Using the push pull volume pot.

A normal tone pot is a treble cut (also named a low-pass filter). What you’re asking for is a standard P wiring :

4 Likes

Ok…

1 Like

I did not know that. Thank you for the information, and teaching me something about tone pots. My Rogue 5 string was born with 2 volume and 2 tone pots. All 4 are 500k ohms. With .22uf Caps. The one volume pot broke. Also being confined to my wheelchair, sitting all the time. I moved the output jack to the front of the body. I took the idea from the stratocaster. With 1 volume and 2 tone pots. Now she will have a master volume and a treble cut pot and a bass cut pot. My Harmony has two fakebuckers. So I am having a 1 volume pot and output jack for both fakebuckers. My Rogue SX100B is a Generic Pbass.

1 Like