Mega strap (long) not long enough?

I just bought a Neotech mega strap as it is meant to be the best. I bought the ‘long’ version as I had hoped to try playing my bass lower to keep my arm relatively straight. However, I am really confused as even the long strap is not long enough to try to do this?

Any support or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Had the exact same issue with the same strap. Took it to a tent and canvas repair place, had them replace the long strap with an additional 12-in piece. Solved my problem.

1 Like

Why?
Not sure this is a thing folks really are after technique wise, unless you just want to look super cool with your bass down by your knees. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!

I thought it might be easier to play so your arm isn’t bent? Not sure what the correct way is?

1 Like

It’s definitely a common punk and post-punk picking technique

I guess it depends on the genres and if you are playing with a pick. @Ed made it looks so effortless on his cover videos, I definitely can’t pull that off with my genres of music, :joy:

2 Likes

In my opinion the Levy’s MSS2 is a much better strap and has a longer adjustable length of 38″ to 52″.

2 Likes

:100: This^^^

1 Like

Well actually, it does help a lot if you’re trying for speed with your right hand - if the bass is lower you can engage your whole arm a lot more. This is truly essential when trying to play Ramones tracks (@Al1885 :slight_smile: )!

Looks cool as well tho :wink:

3 Likes

Hooky approves!

3 Likes

Time for a classic :innocent:

Tatsu Mikami from Church of Misery

5 Likes

Thanks mate!

1 Like