Metal for a beginner?

My sister loves harmonic death metal,
edit: I think it’s harmonic death I don’t know much about metal
but all the bass lines I’ve looked at are far too hard for me. To give you idea of the type of music I’m looking for, she likes Archenemy, Jinjer, and Parasite Inc.
I want as many recommendations as possible, because I’m pretty picky. So please throw in some that don’t fit the category of the bands I mentioned.
As for my skill level, I am currently working on powerslave (I don’t like the song, just the bassline :joy:) at 55 bpm and I can play the 1st part at that speed. lol.

5 Likes

I think you meant melodic death metal :slight_smile:

My favourite are Amon Amarth. Check out Across the Rainbow Bridge for example, it’s one of their slower songs.

6 Likes

Iron Man is a good starter.

For melodic, might try Ghost. Their lines aren’t too bad

https://youtu.be/VqoyKzgkqR4

5 Likes

Sabaton, Iron Maiden, Powerwolf and alternate Metal also Power Metal
Yes I am a metal head among other music, My go to music when my demons come calling

3 Likes

Any song by Type O Negative is a good start
The Wicker Man or Stratego by Iron Maiden
New Millennium Homes or Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
Rock You Like a Hurricane by the Scorpions
Square Hammer by Ghost
Holy Diver by Dio
Heaven and Hell or Paranoid by Black Sabbath
Too Mean to Die by Accept
The Fight Song by Marilyn Manson
Ace of Spades by Motörhead
Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold
The Package by A Perfect Circle
Breaking the Law or You’ve Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

There you go! Hopefully you find other songs by these bands that fit your criteria as well just in case you don’t enjoy any of those. Good luck!

3 Likes

Hey there just wanted to let you know that this recommendation has snowballed into many hours of listening to metal and metal screaming as well as attending an Amon Amarth concert. Thank you

2 Likes

Haha happy to hear that, and the story sounds very familiar. :slight_smile: That song was my gateway drug into death metal as well almost 20 years ago, and that’s why I recommended it.

And then came Arch Enemy (check out Nemesis if you haven’t heard them yet), and weirder stuff like Meshuggah, Gorgoroth, etc. Once your ears are ready there’s lots of good music to be found there.

2 Likes

I remember listening to Meshuggah the first time. Think it was 2009 when I heard Bleed. Was also into Six Feet Under and Carcass back then :joy:

2 Likes