Metalheads unite here

as a metalhead, i love meeting other metal lovers. so this is a safe place for all metalheads. me, personally, im a black metal and nu-metal girl. i love thrashers. i get along well with them. what metalhead are you?

6 Likes

I’m more old school, Judas Priest, Dio. Sabbath, the Big Four. Though I have been listening to Japanese metal lately. Especially Nemophila and Babymetal but also Lovebites and Aldious

Welcome to the forum :metal:

3 Likes

I was a metalhead for most of my pre-teen and early teen years and saw lots of great shows. First was Judas Priest at like 12 years old :rofl:

Over time I moved on to punk and post-punk/electroindustrial/industrial metal.

These days when I metal, it’s more post-hardcore, blackgaze, and post-metal.

2 Likes

Old school here:

Up the Irons, baby! :metal:

Also Metallica, Anthrax, Sabbath… and back in the day Venom, Wasp, Napalm Death, White Zombie, Type O Negative, Ministry.

But it’s Iron Maiden through and through for me.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I guess I’d be considered a new metalhead. So bands like Periphery, Veil of Maya, Northlane, Volumes, Architects, and Invent Animate is stuff I like more than the 80s stuff and even the early 2000s stuff excluding Deftones (favorite band of all time) and some 2006-2014 metalcore bands like Bring me the Horizon and some of the early stuff from The Devil Wears Prada and Issues.

The djent-y stuff has really good basslines, bouncy riffs and interesting rhythms which is why I like those bands a little bit more.

1 Like

I dig a lot of metal. Dunno if I’m a metal head, tho. Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica is overrated (except for One, which kick ass), Queensryche, Dream Theater. New stuff, too, like Babymetal, all the Zombie (White/Rob), Dethklok, Bloodywood, Carcosa, Born of Osiris, etc, etc.

1 Like

All metal.
I just love the heavy stuffs.
Thanks for opening a thread for metal.

My favorite metal this year (or recently this year):
Green Lung (just came out!!)

Svalbard:

Baroness:

All from this year - I try and stay listening to new stuff so I don’t get to stuck in my nostalgic ways!
@terb is always good for some great underground metal recommendations too.

5 Likes
1 Like

(51) Avatar - Hail The Apocalypse (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Love these bands ! :skull_and_crossbones:

(51) Slipknot - Psychosocial [OFFICIAL VIDEO] [HD] - YouTube

1 Like

When I was in high school and everyone was either Metallica or Hair Spray bands I leaned to Anthrax…since then I do appreciate both the other styles but also totally went in on Prog Rock. Give me Rush or Porcupine Tree and I am happy. I also recently discovered thanks to this site kiyoshi manii

(1) Kiyoshi - Glorious Days [Live] - YouTube

2 Likes

Meshuggah-'Nuff said

3 Likes

LOVE me some Porcupine Tree. My GF and I saw them when they came through town on the Closure/Continuation tour. Best show I’ve ever seen, truly.

She’s the more proggie of us though. She’s solely responsible for my prog fandom, in fact.

2 Likes

I devour most things metal. I grew up in the early 90’s with Mercyful Fate, Maiden, King Diamond, before moving on to thrash (big 4 and the German scene, Sodom, Destruction etc) and death (Tampa and the Swedish scene). Then mid 90’s happened and black metal became a focal point for me. It was the perfect soundtrack for us angsty teens with legends being created before our eyes.

Now I listen to every genre of metal, apart from nu-metal (sorry :joy:) and various core music. Grindcore being the exception though.

Lately I’ve been on a big stoner/sludge trip with bands like Dopelord, Fistula, Bellwitch and Hippie Death Cult.

2 Likes

I saw Avatar a few years ago. Great concert! Very fun band to see live.

:slightly_smiling_face: I’d love to . ")

1 Like

For those who are old school, Judas Priest will be touring Europe accompanied by Saxon and Uriah Heep. I listened to Heep a lot as a teenager

1 Like

My first concert (at like 12 years old) was Judas Priest with Uriah Heep.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to catch Priest on that tour. Haven’t seen them since 2001…

1 Like

I haven’t listened to metal much since I was a teenager haha, but I do enjoy symphonic/folk/orchestral(?) metal bands - Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Eluveitie, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, from memory. The arrangements get me every time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes