Motörhead heaven

Hey Mac @Mac,
I’m not sure how long it will take to get here from the states, but I’m looking forward to it, it could be my new go to :+1:
I will let you know
You home in the morning, I will drop the cover off.

Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice :+1: Shouldn’t be too bad delivery wise until it hits Oz :joy: I’ve got a couple of very nice custom parts arriving from the USA and so far they’ve been very much on time. The open primary I’ve got coming is in the air as we speak but not due until 14-28 November?!

I most certainly will be kicking around home after say 10.30? My missus has a hospital appointment at 9.00 but we’ll be back by 10.30 for sure

4 Likes

Ouch, Not even @PamPurrs put that on me. :open_mouth:
Well then, you better love it, no exceptions!!!

No, Seriously, I know you are joking, er… sort of…er…I hope … :thinking:

I really hope you do like it, and I think you will, and I think with all your other instruments, it will be a nice compliment to the family.
And, er…if you don’t, “Toby Doesn’t Live Here Anymore”. :rofl: :worried: :rofl: :worried: :rofl: :worried:

I actually prefer this piece removed.
I know there are many that prefer them ON for the STOCK appearance, and this goes for many older “Classic” basses, like Fender P basses that came with string / bridge covers.
I really DO NOT LIKE, to down right LOATHE the look of these, but that is all personal preference, so I get if you do like them and want them there.

Of course, that said, If I were to buy a Rick or another classic bass, and it CAME with the covers, I would WANT to have them, I just would keep them in the case, and not on the bass, more for resale or collection value above any desire to have or use it.

5 Likes

Hey Toby, @T_dub,

That’s why I don’t have the covers on them.
I should have left it in the case though🤔
My P-basses have the covers as well but I don’t have them on either, you just keep them for originality :+1:
And I know I will enjoy the RAY😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

With a bit of ingenuity and swearing I’ve got the cover fitted without removing strings or anything else!
Big thank you for dropping it off this morning . Sorry I missed you. Got tied up longer at the hospital than I thought I would. The good news is the prognosis is looking good at the moment. I might even get a break from horse feeding duties in the near future :joy:

5 Likes

Sounds like GREAT NEWS to me. Awesome, congratz.
The cover on the other hand, congratz getting it on, now take it back off. LOL

4 Likes

That could be a possibility if I don’t like it lol
I was telling Brian @TNKA36 that I’ve ordered a no mod thumb rest for it so the cover may end up being removed. Or maybe not :joy:

4 Likes

Just playing around.
I don’t like the covers, but what does that mean?
It means precisely this and nothing more.
When it is MY RICK, I can leave them off.
When it is YOUR RICK, you can do whatever you damn well please :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I only did cos Lemmy did :joy: :spades::joy:

5 Likes

Thats all the reason you need. WWLD?

5 Likes

the guys on all about the bass call the ricky pickguard cover the talent inhibitor :rofl:

5 Likes

rofl

5 Likes

It’s actually really handy as a rest when playing with a pick but realistically it’s a bit of a pain in the ass .

3 Likes

Does it get in the way of muting when picking?

3 Likes

Yes it does but I’m trying to adapt using my little or ring finger.
If not the guard will come back off

3 Likes

Finally got my new strap . Super quality.
Now I just need the skills :scream:

7 Likes

Very nice Mac @Mac,
Love the transitions :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Cool! :+1:

3 Likes

@Mac That’s a great looking beast!

:spades: Live to win! :spades:

4 Likes