Motörhead heaven

First of all a massive thank you to Brian @TNKA36 for crossing another thing for my bucket list.
So today I became the proud owner of a Rickenbacker 4001 :sunglasses:

She’s a real beauty in very original condition and all in honour of Mr Lemmy Kilmister .

Then I also received my 40th anniversary Ace of Spades box set . Lots of vinyl and pictures.

Oh and I bought a Motörhead approved bass strap last night

All in all I’ve had a great day in the company of good people.
Thank you all,you know who you are :+1:

18 Likes

Just like the picture :joy:

10 Likes

Oh sweet! You bought one of Brian’s?

7 Likes

Just need the string/pickup cover!

6 Likes

Sounds like you had a great day!
(No worries, we won’t report you to the Mebourne authorities).

7 Likes

I have @howard :+1:

I will be on eBay tonight :joy:

We’re “allowed “ visitors now @PamPurrs :joy:
It’s a bad joke really. We can go shopping or go to work but we’re restricted on the number of visitors to our homes. My eldest daughter isn’t allowed to visit because she’s over 25 kms away

7 Likes

Hey @Sully3169,
I found the cover out in the shed, so I will be dropping it off for @Mac
In the next couple of days, to make it completely original again.:sunglasses::+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey Mac @Mac,
I’m sad to have let one of my family members leave the home, but I’m also happy that Ricky has gone to you, so that you can enjoy him.
He has been sitting in the case, not seen the light of day for about 20 years, so it’s long overdue that he should get some love and affection.
I sent a pic of the deal sweetener

Up to my grandson👍 Jack
He can’t wait to get it into his hot little hands, and begin his Bass journey.
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

A big thank you again @TNKA36 Brian. The 4001 will be treasured for sure. It’s a great bass to play and that Ricky sound is so distinctive :star_struck:
Good to hear your grandson is excited about the Mikro . I’m sure he’ll have a blast on it. I’ll be watching out for his first album once he’s famous :+1:

8 Likes

After having a noodle on Brian’s @TNKA36 other 4001 which he very kindly brought over to try as it has flats on it, I ordered a set of Ernie Ball Slinky flats from the Bass Centre in Melbourne tonight.
Heads up for the Aussie members here, the E.B Slinky flats are on sale atm with around 25% off ($74 a set)

5 Likes

@PamPurrs Happy to oblige Melbourne authorities. The numbers tell the story.

5 Likes

I love the Bass Centre in Melbourne. I bought my Musicman there 20 years ago and I just ordered my new bass from them a few days ago. Great blokes!

5 Likes

Congratz. I know you wanted one of those for a good long while :+1:

That was cool of you to make Mac’s Day @TNKA36 (Hmmm, explains a few things. hahahaha)

4 Likes

Yes Toby,
Mac is wrapt with his new acquisition, I dropped it of to him yesterday, I have had it for about 25 years and it only been out of its case about half a dozen times.
So it’s nice to see it go to someone like Mac who I know will enjoy it for years to come👍
And you have been raving about stingray,s for as long as I’ve known you👍
I bought the one of reverb just now, and if I don’t like it I will hold you responsible :rofl::joy:.
Not really, I’m sure it will be grouse😎
I still have my burgundy Rickenbacker :+1:
Thanks for your help mate👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Bad effin ass :+1:

4 Likes

Congrats Mac there isn’t anyone that doesn’t have a softspot for that one.

3 Likes

+1. Iconic, and sounds killer. Though I’d have taken his red one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @howard,
You need deep pockets for that one😁
The burgundy glow Ricky will be buried with me😎
She ain’t goin anywhere
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi @howard,
Passing a family member onto @Mac has allowed me to have some room in the family to try something different, I’ve just bought a Stingray HH , @T_dub has been a big fan forever so I’ve taken the plunge to see what all the hype is about😁
Now I wait in anticipation for it to arrive to its new home😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks @Tokyo_Rat

The burgundyglo Ricky was beautiful but it was certainly a “ prise out of my dead hands”vibe I got from @TNKA36 with that one @howard :joy: I was very grateful for the opportunity to buy the black one and know a bit about where it came from etc especially knowing it had been treated so gently for the past couple of decades :+1:

Didn’t waste much time there Brian @TNKA36 :joy: Look forward to hearing it in a cover very soon :+1: and the obligatory pictures of course

6 Likes