Multi stand build

Hey, do anyone know of anywhere to get hold of a DIY plan over a Multi Bass Stand?

Ill would like to try and build one in wood, so that it look nice in my practice space (raw pine). And one that could hold 5-6 basses, with some form of padding - thinking thick filt.

Michael.

4 Likes

No ideas here, but please take a photo when/if you make it.
I’d love to see a nice custom multi-stand.

3 Likes

I built this one a couple years ago. I’m not sure if I used plans or just guessed after looking at one online. I’ll look for the plans though

12 Likes

I just went off this add that had dimensions.

3 Likes

Thanks - Ill take photos, and maybe even make a drawing :wink:
@Paul_9207 what did you use for padding on the neckholders?

3 Likes

it’s just pipe insulation I got at the hardware store. I think I bought it at the same time I bought the dowels, I just made sure they fit over the dowels snugly while at the store.

3 Likes

Raw, painted, and fully loaded.

7 Likes

Are yours also 33" (83cm) wide?

2 Likes

yes. the bottom stretcher that the guitars sit on are 33" wide.

4 Likes

If space is not an issue, you can just use swimming noodles. If you are in the US, FiveBelow sells them or 99Cent store sell them too. I like that its not as grabby as the rubber foam style.

4 Likes

the ones I used are essentially a pool noodle, they are not the foam rubber material. Also only $1.98 at Lowes for a 6 foot length.

3 Likes

The bottom stretchers are wrapped in shelf liner.

2 Likes

Paul that is one of the best bass stands I have ever seen, well done :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you Howard!

3 Likes

Ill try to build this:

And if it works put up some messurements and Ill take pictures when building it.

5 Likes

Well, Im thinking abit here:
Use Aeroflex foam on a stick, or put flit on a board?
So this, thats very soft and thick (13mm):
aeroflex-kks-13-mm-rorisolering
Or this but its only 4mm and not very soft:
ZB01

By soft Ill mean squishy…
Thinking the foam will compress and hold more or less everything, even at “bad” angles. Where filt, will coussin the paintjob but wont give any hold.

What would you like if it was yours?

1 Like

The qestion, for me, would depend on if either of these substances would react bad with an instrument’s finish. Otherwise, the felt looks like a cool idea.

2 Likes

The felt is the same kind as you find on the strap holder, just thicker.

Hmm, maybe Ill should build two and see wich Ill like the most …

2 Likes

Well first “beta” of a multistand, need some changes:
Buttom needs to be a bit deeper like 5cm (2") more, its now 25cm (10") deep.
And the top should be 2~3cm more backwards (~1"), since there is a tiny bit to little tilt.
Its 67cm (~27") wide, and just about the same in height - will maybe make V0.2 a little taller.
This version is with the thick foam.

Here before foam, the round stick are 13mm (½") in diameter.

With the foam, it adds 19mm (3/4") all around the stick.

And with 3 basses, and the kid’s stick :wink:

5 Likes

Oh this is only made of scrab wood, the final will be made with some curves, not made up of pieces and just square sides.

1 Like