Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

@terb

I did look at a fairly big range, but everytime I wanted x, y, or z on it, it just keeps bumping the price up to the same (or more) than the fender.

I’ve put it on monthly payments for now, and I might have a look at having a clearout to cover some of the costs.

3 Likes

That’s for sure! I’ve got 5 so far

4 Likes

Welcome @mmrunyan1!

3 Likes

Welcome @mmrunyan1
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@quadfather, just get the Basses, then we revisit the “where to put them thread. You need another 20 bevore we really need to start really moving things around.

Plus, when are you going to get out of the city (Fender website” and out in the jungle for some real big game hunting. (Used market). This is where the “ big boys” are awaiting. Gotta find some awesome Basses for 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 or less what they are worth. This is the thrill of the hunt.

Going to the website is like going deer hunting in a deer farm, sure, you got a 9 pt Buck, but did you really get him, or was he put there for you to shoot at? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

3 Likes

I got this in my sights right now, but he won’t calm down for me to get a clear shot at. Will keep posted.

2 Likes

Haha, you’re worse than I am!!

But to use your analogy, I’m still learning what to look out for, so I need a rough idea of what to spot and I can’t do that until I’ve played about a bit.

Anyway, it’s too late, it’s ordered and it’s coming today :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome! Congrats! Make sure to share some pics when you unpack it!!

May I ask where you got it from? I am asking because, for future reference and if you don’t know him already, Mark from BassDirect in the UK has a great selection of basses and very friendly service (at least over the internet (and even though the website is a bit of an “eyesore”); have so far not been there in person).

7 Likes

@joergkutter

Yup, I’ll sort some photos out for this one definitely!

I got it from GuitarGuitar.co.uk - It’s where I got the american performer jazz. They also do trade ins and buy gear as well, so I’ve started to get a bit of a conversation going with a guy called Paul who works there. Seems friendly and the service so far is good.

I’ll check out BassDirect though - thanks for the heads up!

5 Likes

So, there was an accident last week when my attention ran into a webpage.
Time to update the graph.

I also noticed that there was some space near the stack, so I’ve started a second.
Should be complete in another week or so, depending on when a guy is driving from four hours away to my city.

9 Likes

Oh man! Do you plan to simulate an earthquake in your house?
Impressive stack.

I really wonder how that chart is gonna continue. I mean… you won’t buy new bass guitars indefinitely, will you? :smiley: Also - will we see a picture?

Edit
Ah! Bass buying chart refers to all bass related purchases. My bad. There’s a picture

3 Likes

I was trying to update the bass collection photo last night, but I couldn’t find a decent picture of a Red Fender Prodigy, so I’ll have to get around to taking a picture of mine on a white background. I’ve got a picture of the walnut Sterling Sub ready to go though. I think that there will be some downsizing soon. I still haven’t sorted out the Cort Curbow, but it’s quite different to play and will likely be much better when the action is precisely tweaked.

If you want some fun with a lot of power, feed an amp with a signal generator from your phone. Sweep through from 20 to 2000 Hertz and see what you can find in your house that has a resonant frequency.

At a decent volume, you’ll find a few things. So will the neighbors.

5 Likes

Definitely need a 4th cabinet to fill in that blank spot, @admacdo . . . :wink:

I would love to have a setup like that . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

Let’s see the Sterling!!!’!!!

Here is mine from today. I got the awesome blue.
These pics are more about showing the color! Not good bass “poses”, just better light.

You are above my count for sure, butI actually downsized by one to pull this off today.
Not really cuz I needed the money. I could have just got it. It was more about reason and justification. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

My total count is 8 now. I was at 10 at one point, but some were strictly to flip.

Anyway

5 Likes

If you look carefully you can see the labour saving concept I have about refinishing the ceiling. Once it all peels off, I’ll paint it again.

3 Likes

Ceiling finish or not, still better photography then mine. I just threw it under a lamp and snapped away.:joy:

Nice looking Ray there, how you like it!!
I just love playing mine.

It’s different then the other necks I have, it’s the thickest I have by far, but it still feels so right in my hands. The black cheap SUB I just sold, same thing. I loved to play it, just soundwise was missing, mostly being a hi gloss black laminate over particle board, the body was super light, and even a bid smaller then this one.
I would have kept it if I thought one of the others would have sold in 2 hours (without fire selling them at a loss).
Course, I can’t think of one I would give up? Maybe the Mikro?

2 Likes

Well, because you made me go get it, I was working through my bassbuzz coursework and was surprised by the amount of finger noise. Then I stopped for a while to tweak the intonation and then when that was sorted, went and played until the finger noise got me. Swapped to the Fender to see if it was just me and it isn’t. So more fettling on the SUB is required. This afternoon I realised that the Cort was actually the quietest in regard to finger noise. So I will need some precise tweaking on these two to get them as nice to play as the Yamaha TRB-5 and the Cort B4 Plus in terms of action.
I couldn’t give up my Mikro, which is why I have two, or more accurately, why one lives at the girlfriend’s place.

This SUB is quite hefty. Easily the heaviest 4 stringer I have. I’m going to have to weigh them all now.

3 Likes

Hmm, my other Sub was set just right, was about the quietist of the bunch.
This one was fresh out of the box today. Will take a while to break in and get the set up right, plus get the strings stretched out. But it’s not really any noises then any of my others.

I suspect you will get it there with enuf tweaks

1 Like

Continuation from Help choosing a second bass - #40 by juli0r

I just feel like my general beginner buying question have been answered and it’s just me buying a bass now.

So I’ve been to the store but unfortunately there are no new basses. Colleague still sick and he could not bring any in. He let me play anyway and after I played for a while he offered me that I could buy one and take both basses and bring one back when I decided. So I can play at home at my leisure and have my own equipment.

With big shiny eyes I accepted his offer. Not the best negotiation strategy but hey… I’m an honest and easy to read person.

Now I have a Cort GB74JJ and a ESP Ltd. B-204 SM and have to bring one back. The ESP is used and both are offered to me for 399Euro. If I like one better of the ones he’s bringing in I can still exchange them.

I will soon arrive at home and plan on going: “Honey! I’m home! I could not decide between these two so I just took both.”
I am really excited to see the reaction to that.

Yesterday she didn’t really tell me to NOT buy a 2000Euro bass so I don’t think I’ll cause any damage.

6 Likes

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, @juli0r . . . :+1:

Must be your lucky day!

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes