Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

My first bass was my Yamaha RBX200, and it is the bass model from back in the late eighties, but feels nice to play and has great tonešŸ˜Ž
Pam.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I was not aware of that. Thatā€™s good information to know :+1:

4 Likes

Ohhhh nice @PamPurrs. I fell in love with mine in 5minutes. Could not stop smiling while playing. That kinda feeling. I bought a Demo at Sweetwater and had them do a guitar setup, which Iā€™m sure helped with my experience. How long do you have to wait now?

5 Likes

@smurillo I just got notification that the seller has created the UPS shipping label. I will know the estimated arrival date after he drops it off at UPS. Probably mid week next week.

Did you play another Yammie bass prior to demoing the BB735?

5 Likes

Excellent choice, the BB735 is fantastic.

4 Likes

Yes. I have a TRBX304. Love it as well but the BB feels different. Love the BBā€™s neck. Also have an LTD B-4. They are all different but my number one is the BB

6 Likes

The BB734/735 is an especially strong contender in a long and classic line, likely is one of the best production basses you can buy right now period.

5 Likes

It was not immediate for me either, it took me about a week. It was not an instant, Ah, This is IT!! It came on gradual, but you got your special Yammy coming, so you being happy in the end is all that counts. i wonā€™t hold it against you :wink:

3 Likes

No, nothing like that. It was him learning after the P bass, and the J bass, how to perfect his ways and make the StingRay! 3rd time is a charm.

6 Likes

it was a little more than just a spin. he thought he was dying at the time, and quit fender. when he figured out he was mis-diagnosed, he started music man. and later g+l. so if he had never quit fender in the first place, you have to figure you would still have stingrays and G+L basses under the fender name. it was the logical next evolutionary step to go into active.

5 Likes

G+L basses???

4 Likes

They have a good reputation:

http://glguitars.com/

4 Likes

1 Like

Leo Fender was an interesting character. He never played guitar, and just barely played the saxophone, yet he launched an iconic guitar brand. He was an electronics genius, but he never took electrical engineering in college. His degree is in accounting. Very interestingā€¦

5 Likes

Funny, Iā€™ve never heard that brand discussed anywhere.

4 Likes

It has been brought up in some topics before

4 Likes

not nearly as popular as the P, J, music man. but supposedly very nice.

5 Likes

No surprise there. I keep finding boutique or small production high end guitar makers I have never heard of that have huge niche followings. Itā€™s just a thing.

3 Likes

I would have given the Ray the full 45 day return window had it not been for that gash on the body. I couldnā€™t very well wait weeks to return and claim it arrived in that condition.
After my new Yammie BB735 arrives and I sell my BB235 I may revisit the Stringrayā€¦

4 Likes

still trying to figure out how they took a chunk out of it without damage to the box? or was it?

4 Likes