Music Man + DarkGlass

The price is definitely a factor. In the end you would get probably 80-90% of that with a Ray34 and an Alpha Omega (or even an Alpha Omicron) for a lot less.

But yeah, it’s pretty sweet. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

5 Likes

Fair point. Price aside I think it’s pretty damn cool that they integrated one clean and two distortion channels in one preamp. It even has blend and gain controls. I hope this will inspire other companies too.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s super cool for sure.

4 Likes

Yes, and you could use the AO with other basses!

5 Likes

I think that thing is amazing. I wish it was an upgrade option cuz I would rather have amethyst sparkle with darkglass than a black bass. I don’t know if I would get it tho because metal usually uses the b string especially in prog and that’s where I would use these distortion tones. I wish they did stacked pots and added mid sweep. If they really wanted to be ballers they should have added an arcade button switch with a dial that had their hyperluminal compressor built in to the guitar.

4 Likes

wow

granite stone :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Only 100 being made check that there’s only 88 left.:sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:
Only $2699.00

Just saw Paul already pasted it. My bad.

6 Likes

THIS!!

Also, what I liked about this launch is that EBMM is open for new ideas, keeping an eye on the market and listening to its customers.
They adapt and try new things, which is something I admire.

I have an Alpha Omicron and can assure it’s the best distortion pedal I’ve tried so far.

4 Likes

I think they are going for ‘collector’ and ‘Darkglass asthetic’ here.
Only 100 made is more of a cool marketing stunt than anything.
This will drive folks to put DG preamps in MM basses as well which also helps sales way beyond the 100 basses they will sell here.

We do stunts like this all the time, its more about the press than the product.
Drives brand awareness, coolness and other sales.

5 Likes

All I know is that as a Music Man player with an Alpha Omega 900 and 2x12 - I am excited! I love Music Man and Darkglass both (to obnoxious levels, lol). I obviously dont need the bass given my setup but love seeing them work together.

3 Likes

yep. for quite a while now mm has been cutting their product line down smaller and smaller, and supplementing it with limited run editions .

4 Likes

This is a really good marketing stunt btw, the ‘modern bass’ with the ‘modern preamp’ companies.

Of course the Bongo would have fit this even better, but not as big an audience/market for that, so this makes more sense.

Certainly offers something Fender can’t.

5 Likes

Not with a blue or red ring around the control.
And where is the fun in that?

Ha Ha.
You could get a Ray4 or Ray34 and put a tone capsule in it and get close, just not the OD channels.

Would be cool if DK offers that in future tone capsule options, but they likely have a licensing agreement with MusicMan so it is exclusive, and why they can sell it at that price pint, which is only like $300 more or close.

4 Likes

Yamaha Bass with Line 6 HX Multi-Effects and Ampeg Micro-Amp built-in coming next? :wink:

I mean… same company…

4 Likes

Is Line6 owned by Yamaha?
One of the Amp brands is owned by them too, but I forgot which, not sure if it was Ampeg or not.
I know EB and DG are not same owners, your post just got me thinking.

3 Likes

Yamaha owns both Line 6 and Ampeg.

6 Likes

22 left. Better hurry!

3 Likes

here is the poor man’s version…

5 Likes

That build looks so tempting for something to get close on a much more reasonable budget.

3 Likes