Music Man + DarkGlass

Has anyone else seen the post yesterday on Instagram about the partnership between Music Man and Dark Glass?

The comments are guessing about a new preamp on the Ray Special, but the official announcement will be on June 22nd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMuIK3HH_N/

Any guesses?

4 Likes

A lot of (crazy) speculations and ideas over at TalkBass :grinning:

E.g., ā€œErnie Ball has bought Dark Glass and will introduce the all new music man sterling bongo dark glass capriceā€

and then:
ā€œQuickly followed by the Sterling by Music Man Dark Glass Sub Sterling Music Man Bongo Capriceā€

And so on :grin:

5 Likes

Creativity is a must!! :joy:

My guess is that it is something related to the Bongo model since the Ray just had a whole renovation and DarkGlass fits better with the alternative style of Bongo.

HOWEVER, the guy is holding a Ray Special!

Iā€™m really curious about this, and on the other hand, I donā€™t want to see it since I just bought a new one lol

4 Likes

Well, the logo is lit up in a ring, and there is a ring of light on one of the knobs of the bass, so my guess is preamp. Maybe exclusive preamp or one ā€˜designed forā€™ or something is to be seen next week I guess.

6 Likes

This is the guy from the post: Josh Paul

Josh Paul (born June 13, 1977) is an American bass guitarist best known as an original member of the band Daughtry. As of 2019, he remains a member and has played on all five of their studio albums. Prior to that, at the age of 18, he joined thrash/punk band Suicidal Tendencies. Other notable work includes his soul/rock side project Bobby Church, and contributions to a diverse range of bands and artists such as (Suicidal Tendencies funk metal offshoot band) Infectious Grooves, Everlast, Kelly Osbourne, The Veronicas, and Ashley Parker Angel.

https://www.instagram.com/itsjoshpaul/

Maybe a signature bass with darkglass preampā€¦?

4 Likes

Oh I dig Infectious Grooves.

6 Likes

My guess too!

5 Likes

I am completely sure it will be a preamp

7 Likes

That would be my guess too.

6 Likes

Yeah, of course, and probably exclusive to one model

Me too. RT rules.

1 Like

Only a few days to go, this Tuesday.

2 Likes

My guess is that DG will even release more new products after the MM reveal

Most likely a noise suppressor but it can also be a hoax from Darkglass. :laughing:

2 Likes

Darkglass Trolls the net :rofl:

2 Likes

Seems it was an update for the app. They updated the whole UI of the app and also added a signal chain option where you can put the noise suppressor on/off as first in the chain.

Turning it on while playing with distortion is really nice!

Canā€™t wait till they add more amps (itā€™s on the roadmap). Seems my DG Elements turns out to be one of the best buys ever lol.

3 Likes

They really do seem like neat little things.

3 Likes

Oh my!!!.. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

better than I expected

4 Likes

Price $2,699 / ā‚¬2,406

Seems I better start saving for 2022 :thinking:

4 Likes

Oh DAMN, that is sick.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always liked the Music Man basses, not enough to say I must have one as my next bass, but theyā€™re always around #2 or #3 on my list of basses I want to own. But this thing sounds AWESOME!!! The only thing stopping me from putting at the top of my ā€œnext bassā€ list is the price. Not that itā€™s too out of line with the other Music Man basses in price. But itā€™s just about double what I plan on spending on my next bass. Which hopefully will happen by the end of this summer. But I will sell my soul to gods of spam to enter every contest I can find to win one of these. Iā€™m just blown away!!! I could easily sell off half my pedal board if I owned this thing.

Chris

5 Likes