Music writing app

Hi I’m new to the forum and I have my first question, so here it goes.
Does Josh and the players on this forum use “Note Flight” to write music, or is there another app that’s better for bass?
Thank you in advance.
LB

6 Likes

I think there are a few people here who use Note Flight, but I haven’t tried it so I can’t comment.
I use the Masters version of Crescendo by NCH software and I like it just fine. There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but it makes score writing quite simple. I export my scores as PDF so I can share them with others.

4 Likes

MuseScore is another common one, I believe… And I think some people use Guitar-pro

7 Likes

Thank you for the responses.

6 Likes

That’s for mostly standalone software like I think you’re asking for. But if you have a DAW already like some that are listed in the link then you have much more options for music notation via VST’s.

More software but none of these are free.
https://www.sweetwater.com/c773--VST_Notation_Software

In the VST dept I recommend Plugin Boutique - Scaler 2 & Xfer - Cthulhu as good midi tools for composing. Chord Detector too for lazy figuring out the chords of sampled material.

4 Likes

I write everything in Sibelius, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a newbie. Too expensive, awkward interface. It’s just what I know. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I’m using Guitar Pro for more than 10 years. I just can recomment it. It’s worth every cent. It’s easy to use, nice for practicing and it offers many options for exports, e.g. PDF, MP3, …

1 Like