MusicSheets Pro/Lyric Pad 3 App For Android

Recently I have been attempting to cut down on the number of lead sheets I print out and have been looking at using my Samsung 10.1 inch tablet instead at jams.

An issue arises when you have a long song that covers at least two pages. So far what I am doing is just putting the display into landscape mode and displaying two pages at a time. On a 10.1 inch screen it’s OK but not optimal and the PDF lyric file has to be formatted properly.

I have been looking for a standalone android app to auto scroll the Samsung screen. I know this is possible with hardware and foot switches but that is not what I want.

So, after a lot of searching I came across an app called Lyric Pad 3 but it only has a Playstore rating of 3.2 out of 5 and in the last two years there has only been a couple of review comments and no apparent updates. Comments prior to that were pretty negative.

So I thought I would create this topic and see if anybody on the forum has used the Lyric Pad 3 app software and what their thoughts were on it were.

2 Likes

Not exactly the answer to your question, but I’ve used MobileSheets Pro for this. Don’t use it anymore because I’ve switched to Mac/iOS, but the Software was updated on a regular basis and after getring into it, it was working very well for me.

2 Likes

Don’t know why I never saw this one.
I checked out their website and it looks like that MobileSheets Pro should do the job.
They have a great 4.6 rating and a lot of users.
Great that they have a free version to try it out.

The one thing that was not clear on the website was whether you had to use pedals for page turning.
I prefer not to do that if possible. Can you please let me know.
Note: I have a dual set of pedals I use with my Boss RC30 loop station that may work if there is no auto scroll function.

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

While I’ve never used the feature myself, looking at the user manual they provide online, it does:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply.

I have downloaded the trial but not the manual yet.
Gonna check out some YouTube tutorials and read the manual.

I hope to use the trial on my Samsung 10.1 for my jams this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week.

Welcome, curious if it fits for you. I was quite happy with it.

@Fabian So far so good with MobileSheets but I may have to change my mind about a bluetooth page turner.
Did you use one and if so which one did you like?

I did’nt use a bluetooth page turner with it, but a MIDI controller. I’ve tried the Airturn QUAD with iPad and other software. It does the job, but I still don’t like the bright LEDs they are using… But I did’t use it that much to be confident to recommend it. There is also a bluetooth pedal from IK multimedia I was checking online when searching for a bluetooth page turner. Not to sure why I decided against it. I own a few other products from them and I’m quite happy with the stuff they make.
Hope this helps :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @Fabian :+1:

1 Like

@Fabian
After seeing what MobileSheets Pro could do I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the app.
You would not believe the hassle I had with the Google Playstore trying to purchase it. In the end I emailed Zubersoft and was given a direct link to their server and within minutes it was paid for, downloaded, and installed. Great customer service IMHO.

My bluetooth footswitch arrives today.
I also downloaded the Quick Start and Full Manual from the Zubersoft website.
This appears to have a fairly steep learning curve to learn all of the functions but if I can figure out the Reaper DAW I am sure I can handle this. Good thing I am retired. :laughing:

@Fabian

Next Tuesday I have a jam session with 18 songs on the setlist. I imported them into MobileSheets Pro.
Looks great on the PC and my Samsung 10.1 tablet.

My $50 Yueyinpu bluetooth pedal arrived yesterday. Was a lot better than I thought it would be for that price. Solid construction and 100% silent switches. The only drawback is it has a usb rechargeable battery.

I paired the tablet to the footswitch and they worked flawlessly together. So I am all set for that Tuesday jam session.

I still have a bit to learn about MobileSheets Pro but so far everything has exceeded my expectations.
The bottom line is for a total of $75 Canadian I am now 100% digital for my lead sheets at jam sessions.

I just want to thank you again for letting me know about the MobileSheets Pro app. :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Celticstar
Glad that you are happy with MobileSheets and I was able to help you out :slight_smile: