MXR Blow Torch

I just saw one in one of my second hand store visits…does anyone have any experience with this pedal.

4 Likes

No experience… interesting name tho. Makes me think of a “hot” pedal with an oxy/acetylene flavor to it

2 Likes

The vids I’ve seen dont seem far from that…fuzz but targets to the mids with big kicker switch they call the blow torch

2 Likes

If it were me i’d go for it :+1:
When i find myself contemplating a pedal purchase i ask myself if its something i could picture Cliff Burton using… WWCD?

2 Likes

I picked it up…ill get a run a practice tonight and see what happens

2 Likes

Never heard of it. It does sound really good for a fuzz and lots of options too. I’m getting a bit of Muse vibe from that video.

Let us know how you like it!

2 Likes

OK when I think fuzz I think big muff or tone bender…this ain’t that. What it is, is a narrow band of fuzz that you can blend in with your clean signal as well as adjusting the intensity of that narrow band of fuzz. At no point do you feel like you are losing control of your sound. Our drummer said it best, “it sounds like you just opened up the bass and found something that was trying to get out”. Thats about as much of an endorsement as you’ll ever get. Got this for about $50…money well spent.

5 Likes