My B2B Before Christmas Challenge

We have one Joe here on the forum that I know of, and he’s well above average.

3 Likes

@Jazzbass19 it reminds me of being deeply in love, I can’t stop thinking about it. (Hubby : “you’re playing the bass on your napkin.” - “Oh, I am?” - “What are you doing with your zipper!” - “Chugging, I guess.”) Then I dream about bass and wake up with sore fingers!

4 Likes

My apologies for Joe shaming. I need to be horse-whupped!

2 Likes

Ha, took practice! Not a skill most people need, just bass teachers, music nerds, and people like me who are both. :nerd_face:

Your tooth-cutting plan sounds good!

4 Likes

Module 12-Lesson1-3 HOLY SMOKES! I did survive it. Yep. It made my forearm burn, but I am here to say that at times I don’t know how I hit the notes toward the end of lesson “My Sharona.”

5 Likes

Module13-L5 2019.1209 Day 21 and I am slappin’ da bass! I think I shredded my right forearm instead of the bass. This module is a great for more than slappin.’ It’s intro to blues note and the exercises are wonderful to noodle around with.

7 Likes

Almost there, @HannahWalker . . . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After this day is through, only four more days until I’m a certifiable badass! My husband is napping, and says he likes to hear me practice, but I told him he would not be able to sleep through the slap rhythm exercise in Module 14. It turns out I have a superpower! I am a living metronome! I’ve nailed each speed as if I was built to keep time! Slapping is a different matter. I have been way to gentle and meek. I’m in danger of getting a chime instead of a note.

4 Likes

Module 14 Lesson two, jammin’ with the band. All the root notes are on the E string. I’m a dog sitter and I’m watching a regular client for a week, a shih tzu terrier cross aptly named Rascal. He hates anything having to do with the E string. Why doesn’t Rascal just leave the room instead of standing directly in front of me, seething? He’s trying to wear me down on the eve of my badassdom!

4 Likes

Something very exciting happened this morning! A young man (Can we agree 26 is young?) who is a profesional musician with a band in our area was helping me coax a new guitar into my hubby’s arms. We were successful, and today that same young man asked us if we’d like to come up to the church where the truly epic sound system is, (his father-in-law is pastor) and shred our equipment with him after Christmas? I’m so excited I can hardly type! (Oh, and Hubby has under the tree a PRS Custom 24 SE).

8 Likes

Dang, Hannah! That’s awesome! And that’s quite a gift your husband has under the tree, too.

1 Like

@eric.kiser, he deserves it. Besides, my next bass is a standing bass. He knows that!:joy:

2 Likes

I DONE DID IT! IT’S OFFICIAL! I am now a BADASS! Phew, 29 days, counting 3 days of rest, but I am STOKED! And I going to sleep great tonight! Oh, @JoshFossgreen, thank you thank you for this gift. You are truly revolutionary in your approach to music. What if every school offered this class for each instrument, and spread it out throughout the year? Can you imagine the music revolution!? I had no idea I could get so good so fast.

11 Likes

@HannahWalker welcome to the ranks of the Bad Ass Bass Players!

4 Likes

Congratulations BADASS!!!

4 Likes

Glad you made it, @HannahWalker. . . great job and accomplishment! . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe :heart:

4 Likes

Well done @HannahWalker! Congratulations!

3 Likes

The Day After B2B:Judgement Day I’m going to take the pop quiz, but not today. I’m going to take a long, musical rest! I think I’ll poke around the Course Extras since I haven’t had a chance to examine them. I also want to chose some bass tabs, which will be fun.

3 Likes

And remember to read up on Leo Fender :grin:

Congrats on finishing the course in style!

3 Likes

Congrats Hannah!

2 Likes