My B2B went off course

I went off course due to Covid. Still haven’t got my energy levels and enthusiasm back. I seem to have lost some of my focus and desire to play for the moment. I have to get it back. Covid just zaps you in a lot of differing areas.

3 Likes

@EddieJones I’m glad you recovered. Take baby steps, maybe 15 minutes a day, and gradually increase it from there. Once you start to hear those wonderous booming tones from your bass, you will get your desire and focus back. Rock on!

2 Likes

This is Covid to blame not bass.
this may take a long time.
Our previous nanny had Covid (22 yrs old) and she was a lump for months.
Take it slow and steady. You will get there.

3 Likes

I did try the other night. I sounded horrible but could play BJ note for note perfect. But I tried to do some scalar work as well as focusing on root-5ths and finding them on the fretboard. I felt slightly mentally handicapped. Clanking and buzzing and missed notes. So, I just farted in the general direction of my basses and put it down.

3 Likes

I’m generally a lump/loaf anyway. But I am funny. So, there’s that. Seriously though my focus is gone. And the thought of having to flex my brain makes tears burst forth (not really)

2 Likes

How did you know about my farting trick? I’ve never shared it on BassBuzz.

2 Likes

Seems to work. Ran myself out of my music niche. And my basses started behaving. On a serious note, I am hoping the Ariane Cap books allow me to work on my theory and pattern learning. These books as well as B2B should get me on the road to rock stardom.

2 Likes

We are here for you @EddieJones , always and always.

2 Likes

Actively listening to music counts as practice.
Start there, put on loads of stuff you like on bass.
It’s something, and it counts, and it might just motivate you to do something other than fart on your bass….

3 Likes

I actually enjoy farting at my bass. See if I can hit a low E note

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the video…

1 Like

More like audio sound bite

1 Like

you silly English kiiiiiii-nigot.

2 Likes

Man, I’m just glad you got through it. Don’t worry about bass, it will still be here when your energy comes back. Concentrate on actually fully recovering - health is the most important thing here.

2 Likes

So that’s how you get the sub-octave effect on your covers! :mask:

2 Likes

Ewwwww, ya’ll are so gross

1 Like