My family room is shrinking

We are also fortunate enough to have a room for home office, music gear and home theater. It was the side effect of buying a house with 6 feet clear under it and a bad foundation. When we replaced the foundation, I had them dig down another 3 feet and pour a concrete slab. Et voila, bonus space!

Even so, we still have a bass rig in the upstairs main room. Luckily, my girlfriend/partner is always asking me to come upstairs and play because she likes to listen! How lucky is that!!

Now that my daughter is home for distance learning I set her desk up sideways to mine in the music room so I can work from home and answer her school questions.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Interesting to see your TV magically changing the monitor’s color from orange to green :smiley:

Really nice set-up!

2 Likes

Looking at the portrait orientation of the reflection, I think it’s changing white to green. :smiley:

2 Likes

That is funny. I hadn’t really noticed that green ghost. I absolutely love this space. There’s a lot going on that’s hard to notice. Above my daughter’s desk the garden nasturtiums found a way inside and actually are making dangling flowers in a dark cellar in the air above her desk. The monitors are set to the color they are because it works well for Zoom camera white balance. The two bulbs are up and outward 45 degrees to fill in face lighting. The cloth in front of the TV is covering a digital piano. The movie system is in Atmos 5.4.1 using Tannoy studio monitors from the 90s I acquired cheap on eBay for all the surround speakers.

4 Likes

That’s another illusion. Both monitors are set to almost the same color of orange from the chair position. As you get off axis to the right of the portrait one it gets more yellow and much brighter. When I took the photo, the brighter yellow overexposes and saturates the camera making it appear white. The TV would be seeing Amber, which is Red+Green, so the bounce off the TV must be creating a red filter.

4 Likes

Did somebody say it?

Yep, I heard it. Nice!!!

3 Likes