My Fans!

Here’s a beginner’s tip: watch out for ceiling fans!

3 Likes

In UK where I live, ceiling fans are about as likely as Unicorns.
So I’ll watch out for both :+1:

What happened anyway?

2 Likes

Not much happened, but lifting the bass while taking it off caused the headstock to meet the fan! Startled me more than anything, no damage to my new Gretsch.

2 Likes

This happened me several days ago. My new habit is to always look up when taking the bass off.

1 Like

Phew that’s lucky then.

1 Like

Yet another reason I’m thankful for 9’ ceilings lol!

1 Like

As @Mark_D said, not many fans in the UK, but I have forgotten I was wearing my bass in backpack mode many times and bashed into door frames or trees and such as I go through. Better to learn with this bass then something good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done that twice on train cars.

1 Like

I’ve done that a lot of time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve heard you can wear your gigbag upside down so the bass neck goes towards the floor, but haven’t tried to do that yet.

1 Like

Hey, a lot of rock stars have to deal with fans…

3 Likes

That reminds me of something…
When I was young, I scampered up a 6 foot ladder to change the bulb on the light fixture attached to the ceiling fan, but didn’t turn off the fan first. I got whacked in the head by a fan blade and nearly knocked off the ladder.
Ever since, I have been in the habit of looking up whenever I climb a ladder.

P.S. To answer the question… the answer is no. I was already a loon before this happened :rofl:

3 Likes

My ladyfriend’s cat has always known that ceiling fans are sneaky predators, waiting to pounce any time you’re not paying close attention.

3 Likes