My First Pedalboard!

Boss just came out with the OC-5. It has a switch so you can have it act like an OC-2 or use it in all its fast tracking glory. The one example I listened to left me pretty impressed.

5 Likes

Thanks @eric.kiser I’ll take a look at that one too.

2 Likes

It turns out Adam Neely is just using a HX Stomp now too.

Line 6 makes good stuff.

2 Likes

Cool! I absolutely love mine. It was a good upgrade from my Zoom B1 Four. Boss also released a multi-effect pedal which looks mighty interesting. From what I heard the amp models could be better on this one.

2 Likes

That’s the compact model of the GT-1000, their current Helix competitor.

3 Likes

Alright, new stuff time (you guys know me :joy:). So first of all I don’t know if I’m allowed to post in this thread anymore cuz I traded in my Gator board for this:

I have mixed feelings about this temple audio board. The ideas built into it are great. The implementation, umm…
First off, it’s not nearly as strong as the Gator. The word flimsy comes to mind. If you’re a heavy stomper or on tour this might matter. It’s a gigantic pain in the ass to build, microscopic screws in hard to reach places. And most unfortunately the quality control sucks. The screws strip easily. The module access panels are painted over as are the screws so getting them to come free requires some banging on them. Which caused a pressed in threaded sleeve to pop out, trashing my board and I had to replace it. Not good. On the plus side the mounting system for your pedals is nice. Plenty of access for zip ties and chords. The modules are clever and damn it looks good with the led’s :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

But wait there’s more. Where to start, hmm. How bout with this guy?

I hear you saying waitaminute ratso, I have memorized every minutae of gear you have ever owned and I know you had the DSM sub atomic! Indeed I did, and still do. But I wanted to try out some competition. So I brought in the darkglass X. Didn’t care for it, more fuzz then distortion to my ears. Then I brought in the darkglass b3k, thinking for sure I would love it. And I did, but was surprised how similar it is to my darkglass vintage which is my favorite pedal. So what do you know, the little sub atomic beat all comers. I also had recently gotten the jptr mini jive pedal which gives you some thick warm tubelike saturation. Exactly like, I realized, my vintage. So now my darkglass is an always on pedal and I sold the jive.

2 Likes

Next on the list, my kind-of preamp (spoiler) has no mute on it. Easy to fix with a nice cheap mute switch by saturnworks (they’re on etsy and I recommend them for any utility pedal. They even do custom work).

2 Likes

My kind-of preamp also doesn’t have a DI. Strangely I realized that my new amp head also doesn’t (edit: sorry, having an old guy moment, the Ashdown does have a DI). The little Donner DI looks good. I think they stopped making these.

3 Likes

The problem (well, one of many with me) is you think you’ve got everything how you like it and then you see something you’ve never seen before. Dammit.

So out goes the radial bassbone OD preamp, which I can’t believe I’m selling. And what I’m doing wouldn’t work for probably anybody else. This isn’t a preamp. But I really don’t need a preamp per say, I use my amazing source audio EQ2 to sculpt my sound and keep my preamp controls set to flat. I liked the old bassbone because it had 2 clean channels so I could run two basses into it. But guess what? I have 4 basses. And with this radial 4 way switch I can run all my basses into it, switch between them with the push of a button and adjust the gain on all 4 channels. Perfect! Well, almost. I mean it’s made by radial, so it’s rediculously overpriced. And it still has the stupid and hated negative polarity power supply. But otherwise, :+1:

4 Likes

Since we’re talking pedals, here’s my rig. From the bass to the compressor then down and to the left coming out to the amp from the RAT clone. I also have an orchestra light clipped on there plugged into the USB of the power supply.

3 Likes

Love the light. Nice board :+1:

BTW nutria are gigantic rat like rodents in New Orleans. A few years ago someone came up with the idea that they could help cure world hunger and challenged local chefs to come up with dishes using them. It didn’t go well

5 Likes

Yeah, but who makes the cool blue braided cable?

5 Likes

Oh yes to plug in my 4 basses I bought 4 awesome cables to match them

7 Likes

The X is mostly about adding that Darkglass tubey scooped clank with tons of tone band control. It’s definitely not a vintage distortion like the VMT - waaaaay more modern and harsh, as you found :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sold my Nether due to underuse. That said if I wanted an octaver again I would just buy another one. Cheap, no noise, and does exactly what I want with an octaver (which is probably pretty different from what most of you would want with an octaver - I love love love the un-guitarlike synthy tones of OC2 clones :slight_smile: )

I don’t really need one now though because I have it in Reaper via Kilohearts snap-ins.

2 Likes

That’s the one. Argyle.
I like the Orange cable too but the build quality is nowhere near that of Pig Hog.

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger on that pedal that was in another thread, the Motorbass.

5 Likes

Super good pedal for the money.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: LMAO “but wait, there’s more! Slices, dices , EVEN BENDS carrots “ Love the pedal passion :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes