My Generation - The Who

I’m posting this specifically for @Jazzbass19 because he is such a John Entwistle fan. Joe, when you recover from your ailments (which I know you will), this is something for you to work on.

Interesting bit of trivia that I wasn’t aware of until Mark Smith made mention of it in the lesson:

Despite the fact that Entwistle is a pioneer of round wound strings, he actually recorded this in the studio with tape wounds.

As a tape wound lover, this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here it is…

7 Likes

Thanks, Pam @PamPurrs . . .

I still can’t play it as well as this (no matter what type of string), but I’ll save it for future reference . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

P.S. @PamPurrs

If I DO get all my medical issues straightened out, I promise you this will be the very first thing that I work on . . .

I appreciate your post and your concern very much . . . :heartpulse:

Cheers, Joe

10 Likes

We’re all thinking of you Joe, and sending good vibes your way. We ALL want you back in the forum.

9 Likes

This song is a lot of fun, and i had no idea he used tape wounds on it. that’s awesome. Also hello from the Blue Ridge side of state @Jazzbass19 .

5 Likes

Yes we are @Jazzbass19 Joe, hope you are feeling better, and get better soon!!

3 Likes

Do you have any idea what bass that is that Mark is playing in this video?
I know his other basses, the Jazz and Ibanez, but I have never figured out what this one is.

1 Like

He’s got so many basses, I can’t keep up with them.

1 Like

He sure likes those pickups.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are something else, especially on that Ibanez.
that is the Aqua Marine Blue / Green one he has.
The metallic Blue one with the White Pick guard, I can’t tell the small round logo or the writing on the head stock, so i can’t figure out what it is.
those are the only 3 that he has that I have seen.
Natural wood grain Fender Jazz
Blue / Green Ibby
metallic blue ???

1 Like

He plays Enfield basses, mainly, I think … not sure what particular model, though.

3 Likes

That is it, the lionheart is the one I am asking about. thanks for the info, look like cool basses.

2 Likes