My generic Pbass and my First Act ME80

I have a SX100B Rogue Pbass. Which I paid $30 last year with broken potentometers. Wired her like a vintage Pbass. Something didn’t sit right with me. So, back on the table she went. I then stole Eddie Van Halens one volume pot. With a treble bleed circuit. I also moved the output jack to the front of the body. I also installed neon pink strings, named her Ms. Panky. I still wasn’t that impressed with that confirmation. Like 6 months after doing that. She went back on the table. This time besides the neon orange strings. I bought a couple of push pull pots. I found a way to be able to play in series or parallel with the split coil Pbass pickup(s). I cut the wire that connects each coil together. Then wired in the 250K push pull volume pot. With a 250K tone pot with a 1uf capacitor. I’m uploading a video of Ms. Panky. {I want to apologize upfront for the bad camera footage at the beginning, and because of my playing. I honestly suck playing bass. I suck even more though. When I pick up a guitar.}
I will upload a video the new and improved Ms. Panky in a little while. Hope you enjoy my work. P.S. Play the video through headphones or something else that has some BALLS.

8 Likes

Nice!!

2 Likes

I tried uploading the video of Ms Panky. (Same bass different strings, and missing one pot.) For some reason it doesn’t want me to upload videos.

1 Like

Thank you… I truly appreciate your words.

2 Likes

If the video is hosted by YouTube or Vimeo, all you have to do is copy the entire URL and paste it in a post.

2 Likes

Nope are what I recorded. When I got done with rewiring each base

You can’t upload locally hosted videos directly here.

Try uploading your video to YouTube. You’ll need to create a channel for yourself first, which is free and easy.

Once that’s done, follow the directions to upload your video. Then copy the URL of your video and paste it in a post here.

2 Likes

I used to back in the spring/summer. That sucks… Why not?

1 Like

It would eat too much memory on the server. The forum doesn’t want to host videos, for good reason.

1 Like

All right I understand that… I’ll have them uploaded soon…

1 Like

Wirh your ability to do that work, it sounds like Ms. Panky ended up in the right hands.

That was an excellent deal for a bass that is better than its price. Even at full cost. The only complaint I’ve heard is the puckups aren’t the best. But, if you ever want to upgrade, with your skills, you could change that easy enough.

I’m looking forward to seeing Ms. Panky with the changes. :sunglasses::+1:

I can swap out the pickups. They’re still the original pickups… I do have like two more sets of the Pbass style pickups. But, when I did this mod. These were the pickups I could use to make this mod work.

1 Like

Thank you I definitely appreciate it.
My Rogue 5 string has the PJ style pickups with 2 volume and 2 tone pots. I took a 3 way toggle switch from a Les Paul wiring harness. Installed it where the output jack was. Moved the output jack to the front. I have a 100K volume pot, 250K tone pot, and a 1M

1 Like

A 100k volume pot, a 250k treble cut pot with a, .47uF Cap, and a 1m bass cut pot with a 47uF Cap.

1 Like