My new super comfy stool

Just received my new ROC-N-SOC Tower Saddle Seat Stool. It’s very comfy. I bought the short 26” model and they make a 29” one. I’m 6’7” and the short one could be a little shorter IMO.

I alternate between sitting and standing when I practice and when I sit I like to rest my bass on my right leg, but it’s at a little too much of a down angle. I’m going to cut off about 2” then it’ll be perfect. The seat itself is remarkably soft and comfortable.

7 Likes

A comfortable place to sit is worth it’s weight in gold. Not as flashy as a new bass but can make all the difference. :+1:

2 Likes

Can you say where and how much? I really need to get a better playing seat

2 Likes

Thats EXACTLY what I told my wife when we remodeled the bathroom!!

6 Likes

I just spent money on a new stool to play on and my butt still goes numb in it too quickly. I need something better still. Been looking at the Roc N Soc thrones but they are so expensive. Haven’t heard a bad review about them tho so maybe I will just spend the money and be done with it.

5 Likes

What is expensive? How much they go for?

3 Likes

Something like $180 new. Maybe not a ton of money, but it is a lot of money for stool…

4 Likes

@Lanny Get’s it!
:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

They’re on Amazon and Sweetwater for about $125

3 Likes

@eric.kiser this reminds me of a post of yours from about a year ago in another thread about sitting while practicing :guitar: :toilet: :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002E3L82/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_DPVXEbCRGT5DC

Do you have a link please? This is the one I’ve had my eye on and it is $180 on Amazon. Looks to be a few dollars cheaper in black, but I don’t see any for $125 on any site.

1 Like

You are looking at an actual drum throne. The one I bought is a stool.

Here is the link to the stool

2 Likes

G’day,

That looks cool.
Is it a purpose built for bass stool or just something you picked up.?

Might look at something like that myself.

Rory

3 Likes

Hi rory
People I know just call it a “musician’s stool” but a lot of bass and guitar players like it.

4 Likes