My practice routine has taken a quantum leap

10 Likes

New doors have opened

5 Likes

Better close them fast before someone takes away that good looking bass!

9 Likes

Yes!!

4 Likes

Nice work area, @itsratso,
Just make sure you donā€™t spill your winešŸ˜‚
You may wreck your music sheets.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

That would be a 10% abv Belgian that I brewed myself. My other hobby.

Iā€™ve got good hobbies

10 Likes

My favorite brew in the entire world is a good Belgium Ale. Here in the States, my favorite is Chimay, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s better stuff that I canā€™t find here. I donā€™t drink much, but when I do it had better be flavorful. A good Belgium Ale fits the bill.

4 Likes

Well, Belgian beer is hard to find in the US. The Chimay tastes good, but if I remember correctly, it is brewed in the US. There might be issues with importing it directly, cost most probably.

Iā€™m lucky that I live not far from the real place. Supermarkets have a more than decent choice of Belgian beer :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes. I remember when I was in college decades ago, and I took a PE class ā€œExercise for Health and Fitness.ā€ Our instructor was a British lady who had been finalist for the English Olympic team (track). Good instructor for sure, but I remember her telling us, ā€œGuinness? No, the Guinness you have here is very tame. If you had Guinness in Great Britain youā€™d know what I mean.ā€

So, yeah, I never read the bottle, but I loved that stuff form the first time I tried in in a tavern with my Grandpa. Iā€™ve tried others like Maredsous, but Chimay was the best for me. I was going to visit this year and hoped to sample some good brew and dust off my rusted German, but that which cannot be named destroyed our plans to visit Europe (amongst other things).

At least I can get a bottle once every now and again, and dreamā€¦

1 Like

This is actually a homebrew clone of gulden drak 9000 quad because my wife loves gulden drak. Turned out really nice. Here in Chicago we have a Belgian bar, hopleaf, that is known around the world for its extensive collection of belgians.

3 Likes

I should probably investigate that angle! Houston is nearly as big as Chicago, and we have a very diverse restaurant / bar scene.

1 Like

Looks great!
Experts say ā€œdonā€™t call it practice, just play your heart out.ā€ Great advice.

1 Like