Neck radius, sizes, shapes, etc

Whoa dude! Welcome back!

So I’m loving the BB a lot. I actually like its neck better than the TRBX at this point. Only a little, but still. It’s just really good.

3 Likes

Thanks, I am just gettin back and looking thru posts from last to first, so I will post up in the MIA thread to get everybody updated.
That is the same feeling I experienced going from Ibanez SR necks to the Ray4 Jass version neck. it is not so much wider, but it is thicker. I like that it gives it more for your hand to feel and work with in the palm area, without messing with the string spacing and your finger familiarity or stretching / reaching with your fingers. IDK, hard to describe since they are pretty small differences, but really make a difference.
The thing is, I think as I play more, I appreciate more finger spacing, which messed me up in the beginning. It also heavily vary with what type of playing I am doing, which, I think is why they have all the different necks.
Makes sense, they are made for style more so than the hands of the player I think, but beginners often opt for , or feel more comfortable with smaller necks, and I even think, some if might be mental. I think when people read about smaller and faster necks, they start to analyze their neck, and boom, GAS, lets go get for the thinnest neck possible. Everybody is different of course, but thats probably, if I am being Honest, the way it hit me at least.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve kind of owned the extremes before this - two TRBX’s for the fast thin side, and two Warwicks for the thicker side.

The BB is nice. It’s still a really fast neck. But it is much closer to a P than not.

2 Likes