Need a Group

Here’s an ideas for everyone, but especially good for, “burned out hippies:” Join a ukulele club. Ukuleles are enjoying global popularity, I belong to two clubs in Southern California. Bass players really enhance a uke group, and most clubs would gladly welcome a bass player if they don’t already have one. Trust me, you’d be the star! I am learning bass with my new Gretsch Jet, but also have a Kala Ubass, which plays exactly like a full size bass, and it plays nicely though my Rumble amp. It seems to go better with a uke group, appearance wise, but not necessary, as a regular bass is also fantastic. They both put out the same sound. Give it a try, it’s better than always playing alone. Google uke clubs in your area, there are lots of them around!

5 Likes

Sorry, but every time I think of ukulele, visions of Tiny Tim pop into my brain. I’m in therapy for it, and hope to be cured soon.

4 Likes

Yeah, we all know about TT. Like your therapist probably already told you, you have to let go of those nasty thoughts!

2 Likes

@PamPurrs I cant get that horrible screach out of my head and I last heard it 50 years ago.

2 Likes

Hey @shockadrew ,

I actually bought a uke when I was in Hawaii a very long time ago. I’ll check for groups here in Palm Springs.

Stay Tuned,
Jim

1 Like