New amp

Yeah I mean it’s all personal preference. Only thing I want from amp is to get proper sound of bass and have decent headphones output.

Cause as I said before. I just recently realized what sound my bass guitar makes when I tried it through proper amp.

2 Likes

You can try the Spark amp. It gives tons of options.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjj1LzVprXvAhUkPa0GHQPFBoUYABABGgJwdg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRoXVzoK5KhjPQ-QLdxdB53Yg&sig=AOD64_39SqpuA-a07ExFQ3s2nj-QmLFcDg&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiC17XVprXvAhVUMn0KHcSwDdIQ0Qx6BAgYEAE

1 Like

Yeah man I get you. Your main problem is the size of your current speaker and the amount of watt that thing can handle. 10W is more of a toy imo. You prob can get an “okish” sound by using a mic.

Apparently they have other Lirevo sizes as well.

This is the 12 inch version of the Lirevo:

If I were you I would take your bass to a music store and try out different amps to see which amp size you prefer. The difference between a 12 inch and a 8 inch speaker (rumble 25) is pretty big too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!
There is a Rumble 25 for sale at the music shop near my apartment and I was strongly considering getting it, despite Josh saying the minimum good solution is the Rumble 40. I was starting to have doubts about it, but I am glad to hear your positive review, as it seems perfect for what I need it for.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be the best thing to do I guess. But shops here are weird I gotta check out if I can do that.

2 Likes

That looks interesting.

2 Likes

Gives a pretty large range of possible tones.

2 Likes

Josh has a review about the Spark (11:59)

2 Likes

Yes, they are perfect for practicing, @Growl . . . :slight_smile:

I started out with one, and several months later traded it towards my Rumble 100.

No complaints about either one!

Good luck to you in your search.

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

It is a good amp and I’m sure Josh would agree as well. If I recall correctly he mainly favours the 40 because you can take that one to rehearsals or maybe even small gigs.

4 Likes

Would be good to have @JoshFossgreen s opinion on this.

1 Like

There are just so many solutions or options for things, and really it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If it’s simply to hear yourself? NUX has some things that plug into your bass and you wear headphones, then use your phone to pick any amp or effect you want. Want to record AND hear yourself? A DAI and DAW with monitors or headphones can get that, and plugins can get you any effect or amp you could ever think of. That might actually be the best route for what you described.

When it really comes down to it with what is available these days option wise, the only real situation an amp is necessary is if you are playing for other people in a live setting. That isn’t to say it can’t do the other things too, it is just bang for buck.

DAI-DAW-PLUGINS is the best solution both for hearing yourself, recording, and getting whatever tones you want.

The NUX solution is best for just practicing to hear yourself with whatever tone you want (it’s like $90 for one)

An amp is arguably the best solution vs. cost for if you are playing live and want other people to hear you.

3 Likes

If you are good with using headphones a lot of people use a multi effects unit like the Zoom B1 Four. They are pretty popular around here.

2 Likes

Hey @Growl! Lots of good input in this thread. I don’t actually have personal experience with the Rumble 25 - I just like to s**t talk about amps with a small than 10" speaker. :stuck_out_tongue:

For practice, I’m guessing you’d find it fully adequate - you’re just not gonna feel much oomph of air moving on the low frequencies. It’ll sound more like a low guitar than a bass. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. And if you practice through headphones, that bypasses the speaker issue entirely.

6 Likes

Yeah I guess I’ll try to go check out difference between Lirevo B40 (40 watt 10inch) and rumble 25 at the shop. Lirevo is cheaper btw.

2 Likes

In the end I bought new amp. I’ve tried to get my hands on Rumble 100. But those were spoof ads. In the end I had only Lirevo as choice and I went with 80watt and 12 inch.

Heres the pic with lil bro.

5 Likes

Grats! It looks really decent/rugged too! How does it sound?

Kinda cool that it has an extra graphic EQ. Don’t see that often on combo amps.

2 Likes

Really good tone captures from top to bottom pretty well. Eve with eq you can set the tone to your preference. And it shakes the building.

Yeah its rugged and decently heavy, around 20 kilos.
Also has these fiddly diddly things ports. And has cutout so it can be used in monitor stance.

And it was around 210$ brand new.
Pretty happy so far. Now time will tell.

5 Likes