NEW Ampeg Rocket Bass Combo Amps!

Put a BDI21 pre amp in the effect loop to make it sound more like a Fender? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ideally the master volume will only control the output to the speakers, post-preamp and DI. On these amps and the Rumbles, the master volume controls both the DI volume and the speaker volume, which is really unfortunate for both live and studio use.

3 Likes

Or just turn mids all the way down and then lose the knob

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

or a graphic EQ pedal

4 Likes

So is there a reason theyā€™d do this? Presumably itā€™s not an issue as long as you donā€™t touch the volume after the DI setup is complete?

2 Likes

Live it means you cannot adjust your stage monitor volume without the sound guy wanting to yell at you. Recording it means you cannot turn up your DI out without your neighbors wanting to yell at you.

But hey, maybe it saved a couple dollars?

Regardless it is universally bad AFAICT

5 Likes

Maybe they are saving more bells and whistles for some other series they are planningā€¦

1 Like

Where does it say that the DI is coming after the volume control?

2 Likes

Good question. @eric.kiser mentioned it in the OP.

2 Likes

Hmm. Listening to the sound samples, they do not sound very classic Ampeg to me. Or at least not like a SVT or a B-15.

1 Like

ā€œBalanced DI Out: Feeds the Post EQ, Post Volume, Post FX Loop signal to an external power amplifier, mixer, or recording setup (RB-110, RB-112, RB-115, and RB-210 only).ā€

Manual here: https://ampeg.com/data/6/0a020a41a2a66061f8c6749ba/application/pdf/Quick%20Start%20Guide%20-%20English%20.pdf

3 Likes

Thanks! I couldnā€™t find it when I looked in manuals (said the manual isnā€™t available for the rocket amp).

2 Likes

So weird. Why not just give the DI its own volume knob on the back.

4 Likes

Yeah, I had the same issue. Someone else gave me that link. No idea how they acquired it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just the Quick Start though, not the full manual.

2 Likes

I fear that the era of amps with a big personnality is going to be over. now thatā€™s just random asian-made/american-branded/high-power/low-price/low-weight amps, which is actually great already.

ā€¦ Iā€™m happy we still have good preamps :grin:

5 Likes

yeah i think people are doing it with the preamp or modelers.

3 Likes

Amp sims are so good now, yeah.

And frankly this just pushes me farther into the PA/frfr camp if I ever need amp again.

4 Likes

frfr?

2 Likes

Full range flat response. Basically, a PA monitor with no color of its own.

2 Likes