NEW Ampeg Rocket Bass Combo Amps!

Five models from 30 to 500 watts that compete directly with the Fender models.

Ampeg Rocket Bass Amps

Sweetwater shows they begin shipping in May.

They look very cool and the sample I heard of the SGT (Super Gain Technology) sounds a lot better than the Scrambler.

I do think it’s odd they went with a three band eq. Another concern is the DI coming after the volume control.

I’m looking forward to trying one out. I’m pretty sure this is the first new offering since they were bought by Yamaha from LOUD Audio.

11 Likes

The 500w sounds interesting. I added it to my wish list on Sweet H2O

4 Likes

“What exactly do you mean you’ve been making boards like this for years? EXACTLY like this ???”:joy:

6 Likes

Such a weird decision :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also yay BB734/735’s in the video. Go team Yamaha :slight_smile:

7 Likes

the 100w 1x12" seems to be the most interesting compromise in my opinion. I hope the build quality is better than on the BA series.

3 Likes

What I find really interesting is listening to the comparison of the different sound samples for EQ-Flat for the different speakers further down the main page. You can really hear a difference between the different speakers.

I wish they’d played the same riff in all of them though.

Of the four, I’m drawn to the 15" the most, but its subjective of course.

3 Likes

Sweet! The RB-112 looks like a good deal.

3 Likes

Definitely the minimum size to get because with an Ampeg you definitely want the Ultra Hi/Lo.

1 Like

That means you want the RB-210 since it only has the HF driver?

1 Like

Nah, just getting Ultra Hi/Ultra Lo boosts are enough. Kind of fundamental to an Ampeg sound.

2 Likes

All pretty reasonably priced I think. Multiply these by around 1.4x to get USD ($).

4 Likes

Oooh, always room in my life for more Ampeg stuff. Now, how to convince my wife I need an RB-115 to go with my PF-500 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

also the 112 is the first one to have the effect loop which can be very usefull for connecting a preamp. and also the weight of the 112 is close to the smaller models.

2 Likes

These amps appear to be copies of the Fender Rumble series? . . . :thinking:

2 Likes

very close, yeah

2 Likes

Yeah. The pricing is unfortunate because there’s kind of a gulf between it and the 110, and lots will go with the 110 instead because of that - and it is very inferior IMO.

except they will (hopefully) sound like Ampegs and not Fenders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

but the Fender Rumble amps don’t sound really like Fender bass amps :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

thats a good point :rofl:

They do still have a solid mid scoop, but not as big as Fender tone stack amps.

2 Likes

So help me understand this DI issue. Does that mean if you are using the XLR out that your volume control controls whatever the XLR out is connected to as well?

2 Likes