New band, first rehearsal

Ugh… that SUCKS big time!! Lost for words, really!

(and that “like” is not that I like what happened, but to express my sympathies).

It’s great that you are planning a tribute for him… and that you have fond memories of playing with him!

Let the music continue!!

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss @lee_editorial

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s terrible. Lee, I’m real sorry dor you loss.

1 Like

How awful! Very sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. Way too young to die :frowning:
He looks like a good and steady drummer in the montage.

2 Likes

This just sucks. So sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Band update. Haven’t got together since the end of May. (After the passing of our drummer)

I’ve been been running CL ads for about a month for drummer and vocalist.

Finally found a couple talented guys and we met up on Wed this week.

This was our 2nd take of this song, The Way, by Fastball. None of us had played this before but it ended up being one of the better tunes that night.

I started off totally lost at the beginning of this song, but once the vocals began I finally get back on track. :roll_eyes:

Absolutely love the chorus part of this song. Its a dark story but the chorus is full of hope, and i dont know why but its just a blast to play!

Will not be able to hear the Mustang unless you listen with headphones. Im excited about the 2 new guys- we may be on the way to finally starting to sound like a band!

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/745919426

8 Likes

Oooh I like it!

2 Likes

Wow! Y’all sounded great. Good for you getting things going again. I think he’s the best singer you’ve had so far. :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

lookin good

2 Likes

Great cover @lee_editorial, you all sound great. Sorry to hear about your drummer :frowning:

3 Likes

Like the vocals and it sounds to me that the drummer did a good job holding the song together.

Just curious how do you record audio?

2 Likes

@Paul

Thanks, yeah we are pretty happy with both guys so far.

Im in the video production industry so use Zoom H4N digital recorders. Ive had one for many years but since getting into music a few years back, picked up 2 more used so now i have 3 for the band stuff.

Each unit has 2 XLR inputs along with onboard mics that work well for music.
It allows you to record on separate tracks.
I mic the guitar amps and drums with the onboard mics, and then run into the XLRs with my bass output. Also PA output and one additional ext mic for the drums.

It gives me separate tracks (with a little bleed over) but its a lot of fun to bring everything back together, adjust levels, etc

The recordings are a great learning tool forus since its much easier to review, critique and cringe at our efforts! (Since its really impossible to notice details live)

3 Likes

@eric.kiser

Thanks Eric, i appreciate you following this musical journey! I agree, he is much more consistent than anyone weve had prior- vocals make such a huge difference. Really gives me confidence in what im doing as well. Hopefully we can play live in a few months once we get enough songs together.

1 Like

October rehearsal with new drummer/vocalist. I’ve officially startrd looking for a place to play- but no luck so far. Need to come up with a band name, social media, etc for marketing. Only 10 songs so far, but would like to get a solid hour to start out with.

8 Likes

Where are y’all located?

@eric.kiser

North Texas- Dallas/Fort Worth area

3 Likes

Well, we are still kicking. I started this 90s alt rock project in June of 21 and almost two years later, we’ve gone through 5 drummers, and 6 vocalists so far! Lead and rhythm guitarists along with myself have been consistent from the start, but those other 2 positions have been revolving doors.

So if you go down this road of putting a band together, you gotta have patience and keep at it since there most likely will be drama, personality differences, different goals, etc.

This video was from May rehearsal where we auditioned a new singer who is working out great- but the drummer quit the next month! Our next rehearsal is next week, but I am hopeful that our new drummer will be the one and we can finally start moving toward an actual gig! But truth be told, the once a month get together is a blast just on its own.

5 Likes

Latest rehearsal. Still making progress!

3 Likes

SWEET. Seether is a great song to open with. Veruca Salt was an underrated band.

You guys all look great.

Foos, Hole, Muffs, some other greats in there too. Very nice.

2 Likes