New Fender "American Ultra" series

Looks like Fender has a whole new series of guitars, including two bass.
Both bass guitars have selectable active/passive modes. I don’t think I’ve seen that in a Fender before. Pretty, but pricey!! Anyway, here’s the link:

1 Like

the Am Deluxe had this function 10-15 years ago :slight_smile: those new series are funny, they always try to re-invent something without changing too much of the iconic 40’s/50’s/60’s designs. still Fender guitars and basses, nothing really new :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like them. I think they’re pretty cool. They are really nice instruments. I also know I will never have $2000+ to buy one.

When I saw all the hype, before they were released, I thought it was going to be about implementing something new on the manufacturing side across the whole line. That, I was excited for. Yet another awesome bass that is so outside what I would consider an affordable price point, that left me feeling pretty underwhelmed.

[Fender] We’re going to change the way YOU make music!
[Eric] What :smiley:… Me?! That’s AWESOME!!!
[Fender] Check out this new $2,000 Jazz Bass!
[Eric] Wait… uhm :slightly_frowning_face:… I don’t think I’m allowed… to touch… those?

2 Likes

I wish they did them in Race Red with black scratch guard. Any other colour and my wife will know I have bought a new bass :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, fplunkett:
As “terb” said, the Fender Deluxe Bass has the a/p switch, and the Elite does. However, it looks like Fender has dropped the Elite and replaced it with the Ultra. Bummer, because I really like the Elite, and hoped some day to buy a new one.
Cheers.
~Robert

1 Like