New Fender Rumble 800 Combo Amp

Fender Rumble 800 2x10" 800-watt Bass Combo Amp | Sweetwater

A marriage of the Rumble 800 head with a 210 cabinet?
Maybe.
But what is that extra switch?!

Update: I called Fender and confirmed the combo is 29 pounds (same as the Rumble 500 combo) and it puts out 400 watts with the on board speakers. To get the full 800 watts you need an extension cabinet.

6 Likes

compression horn switch

1 Like

For practice at home, take advantage of the Full/Low output switch that toggles you down to bedroom-appropriate volumes.

3 Likes

It’s 7.5 lbs lighter than a Rumble 500. It claims to weigh 29 lbs.

2 Likes

also don’t you need an external cab to get 500w out of the rumble 500? its really 350w or 250w by itself? makes the 800 look even better.

2 Likes

“flip the output switch to “Low” and enjoy practice-appropriate volume levels at home”

lol yeah :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah you’re getting 350w out of the Rumble 500 on it’s own. What I don’t see in the specs is are you actually getting 800w from the new Rumble.

They’re both 2x10 cabs. So the volume will be similar?So then is it more headroom? This reaches the end of my technical knowledge. Over to @DaveT :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not even on the Fender site yet (thanks Fender) but my guess is no 800w unless extension cab.

2 Likes

oh crap right - i just caught that on the pic of the back. looks like 400w by itself.

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s similar to the 800w @4ohms Fender Rumble head and a 2x10 700w @8ohms Fender cab.

So you will be pushing about 400w at @8ohms. Which is really loud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s a good combination!

2 Likes

I know this is silly, but I wish they would make these in black like the studio version.

2 Likes

Yeah I had the full black 2x10 cab. Was really nice!

3 Likes

@Barney I concur.

3 Likes

This has to have been a marketing driven decision from someone that said 800 watts is just too loud for quiet practice. I have the Rumble 800 head and a 115 cabinet and it can already be pretty quiet. Just because you have 800 watts, you don’t have to use them all.

My first thought, when I saw this, was maybe it attenuated the power down to using only one of the 10" speakers.

I have to give it to Fender that this is a better deal versus buying the head and cab separate and it gives them a combo in a power range Ampeg doesn’t have. Also, if these specs on the weight end up being correct, that is pretty cool.

4 Likes

I’m guessing it must be from the speakers. Is neodymium much lighter? I don’t know, but hard to drop 7lbs from the wood in the cabinet I feel. Unless they’re using balsa wood? :thinking:

2 Likes

It is now:

3 Likes

So it looks like it’s 400W into the internal dual 10" (@8ohm) with an additional 400 for the external?

Without an external that will be indistinguishable from the 500. With an external it will be about 1.3x the volume of a 500 w/external.

Only 29 pounds though!

That a lot of watts.

1 Like

Looks like it. From the owner’s manual:

Also from the owner’s manual:

Obviously an important safety tip :rofl:

3 Likes

I really like the output (attenuator) power and horn switch.

1 Like