New guy

welcome! i’m also a new guy here…and 75. before you start snickering (it’s okay…i probably would), i am the bassist with an active classic rock group, and a lounge rock/smoorh jazz group as well as sit in with others.

it’s never too late, if you want it!

9 Likes

Welcome, Rich! I think you will find a lot of old turds here, me being one at 58 years old. I know you will really like it here. Not a lot of ego’s, just a lot of friendly bass centered banter.

6 Likes

@RichOFAP Welcome. I’ve only been a member here for a week or so and brand new to the bass.
“… if you want it” That just about sums it up.

6 Likes

Spring chicken of 47 here. Great choice!

7 Likes

72 year old fossil here, but with the energy of a 36 year old, the wisdom of a 144 year old, and the curiosity of a 9 year old.

7 Likes

@GovtCheese Welcome and weird question, but do you play MWO? I’m 56, started playing around about 2.5 years ago after playing air bass for about 40 years. Happy thumping!

5 Likes

MWO?

4 Likes

Mech Warrior Online Armored Combat in the 35th Century. Based on the old table top game: BattleTech.

4 Likes

Cool, I’ll have to look into that. I GM tabletop RPG games, mostly Savage Worlds and Gumshoe games (Trail of Cthulhu, Esoterrorists, et al)

2 Likes

@biohazz65 no. Leisure Suit Larry was the last game I was interested in.

4 Likes

He was looking for love in all the wrong places :joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Ha! had that on my Commodore or my Tandy 1000 TX back in the day! There is a person on MWO with GovtCheese as their callsign.

4 Likes

That was the ONE and ONLY computer game I ever played. I was so addicted to it, my work performance was dramatically effected. I swore I would never look at another computer game after that, and I haven’t.
LSL was a blast though LOL.

6 Likes

Mech Warrior Online Armored Combat in the 35th Century. Based on the old table top game: BattleTech.

Damn. I remember playing that days at a time as a kid. Best part was designing your own Mech

2 Likes