New guy

Hey, I’m Bob. 63 yo retired truck driver who has decided to try and learn to play bass. Trying to make practicing a priority but seems like there’s always something trying to get in the way. Not worried about the “age” thing. Starting with very low expectations. Am inspired by @PamPurrs and others who start something new in life. It ain’t over till it’s over…

23 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I’m new as well (58 years old) but have already found a home here

9 Likes

I’m 60 and just picked up the bass. Age is just a number. Welcome

10 Likes

Glad you are here @GovtCheese.

Make the time you can and enjoy the ride in it.

6 Likes

You don’t need to try because you can do it.

Hopefully you signed up for the B2B course.
If not do it - there is no risk. :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome and enjoy the ride. :+1:

8 Likes

Welcome @GovtCheese. I’m glad to be an inspiration for you. No, you are never too old to start something new in your life…

9 Likes

I’m excited to say I have gotten the course. Now, get off my butt and use it!

12 Likes

I’M 60. Never to old too old to enjoy music. Especially if you are the one playing it!

10 Likes

Welcome aboard @GovtCheese ,
I’m 59 and like everyone else here am enjoying the journey, and I’m sure you will to,
enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome @GovtCheese
All these old people! I’m only 58 :joy: still 19 in my head but my body lets me down :crazy_face::joy:

9 Likes

You guys are coming out of the woodwork! Thank you all for the encouragement.

8 Likes

Brain of 29
Body of 79

11 Likes

58, fat and bald. But I am a pretty man. J/K

6 Likes

You should check out the user video index @GovtCheese ,
You can check out some covers done by members on the forum and these will show you what you can achieve over time.
If you need any sheet music etc reach out to the forum, i am sure you will be able help you out.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thank you, I will.

6 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

Man, I’m feeling like the hot young stud of the group at 53 (54 next month). That hasn’t happened in a while. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I’m 54 and am enjoying learning as well I find the course to start off easy and has progressively gotten more complicated. I have small hands which makes it hard to do some of the reaches so have fun do practice when you can and play hard!

9 Likes

@brian.webb6 - if you can’t reach…shift. No hard and fast rules about fretting the note except fretting the right one at the right time. Whatever it takes.

7 Likes

Hey Bob. I’m 45 and started a year ago. Welcome to the journey.

7 Likes