New Hammer Tone isn’t producing sound

Hey everyone I am definitely a newby and I just purchased an Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 and an Aguilar SL 210.
This should be very simple but so far it has not been. I play my bass and get no sound. As far as I can tell I have it set up correctly. I am guessing it is me of course, but HELP PLEASE!!

Pete

4 Likes

If you could post pictures of the set up, it might be helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

First thing that comes to mind is to make sure you are using the correct cable from the amp head to the cab. If you use an incorrect cable, you will not get any sound.

4 Likes

I would even start more simple, make sure your outlet has power.

Does the amp have a light, a hum, or a buzz so you know it is on?

Check the volume knobs on the amp and the bass.

It’s probably something very simple and silly that you might be missing.

I hope these suggestions help and get you playing!!

4 Likes

Also, try the amp head with headphones and see if you get any sound that way. That will at least give you some direction to look into.

3 Likes

I just watched a few YouTube videos and it looked like the GAIN knob was turned in the 9 o’clock position or more for everything they were playing… did you check that?

I should have put this in the last post but didn’t think about it.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I definitely have power

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, that looks like a proper speaker cable, so we’ve eliminated that.

2 Likes

I believe I should have 2 lights

2 Likes

Thank you for your replys

2 Likes

Yeah your amp is muted, you need the press the little operate/mute button under the 2 lights :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks?! When I do that I get a high pitch beep

3 Likes

I am trying to send video but I can’t figure out how

1 Like

Where does that 1/4" cable going into the cabinet come from?

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s working now! I had an extra cable plugged in that when I removed it I have sound!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

4 Likes

That was the problem! Didn’t need that plugged in

3 Likes

Just to clarify for myself in case I ever buy a cabinet and a head unit… you should use just the XLR cable OR a 1/4 jack cable to connect them not both.

2 Likes

XLR is for DI out. So it’s either a speakon or 1/4" cable. I would always recommend speakon for connecting cabs with heads.

4 Likes