New Jeff Berlin Bass Mastery book

Anyone familiar with the new book: Jeff Berlin Bass Mastery: A Complete Reading Course?

1 Like

I’m not familiar with it. It’s received good reviews though.

1 Like

I have the couse, the book and course are on his web site.

The book is like his course I just recieved the book. Lot better in book form. In his couse you need to down load the pdf files. It’s very basic but very good. It all in key of C with no sharps or flats. One lesson builds of the next one. Couse # 2 has flats and sharps. Great way to begin your sight reading journey. My 2 :coin:. Mark on talking bass has a very good course also.

3 Likes

Yes he does.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one I’ve been taking. It’s very long, in depth, tedious, and DAMNED GOOD!

I bought the book and also the video/pdf package. It has really worked for me and is the thing that made reading bass clef click for me. As BigAl mentioned it is a very basic course, but that is almost why it works. Its simple, no extra padding or modes, or stuff to get you muddled, The Berlin course is just about trying to get you to read. Well worth the money IMHO.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I bought the book a week ago and now will pick up the videos as well. Should have done it in the first place, but…

2 Likes

Yeah, real basic no sharps or flats. Easy on the brain. And he start from real basic and one lesson goes right into next one. I personally think that’s the best for the beginner get your feet wet… After you finish that couse the ones, that Mark has on his web site

is excellent and more intensive. And he has 3 levels. There’s a lot of bass information in that web site to learn.

1 Like

Got a couple of the talking bass courses yesterday. Gonna try to start them this weekend.

3 Likes