New Year's resolutions (2021)

-My aim is to do some more covers
-tackle some more difficult songs with 16th note progressions
-practice more

• continue to learn the bagpipes
    Cheers Brian
11 Likes

Ambitious!

Remembered this thread today… How’s everyone doing on their 2021 goals and resolutions?

I’ve improved my 16th note accuracy to the point where I can play the odd 16th note here and there, and no longer have to instantly skip songs that have 16th notes in them. Speed is still not quite there yet unfortunately… That one song I want(ed) to learn is still out of reach.

Regarding the second bass - well, you probably know how that went. It was bumpy, but I’m very happy with the basses I ended up with.

2 Likes

I had two:

1. Get back into cycling, and…
  2. Get back into playing music.

Let’s start with #2. Obviously I’m here and going through the B2B course and playing bass all the time. So… well done, Tim!

On to #1. I’ve been a bicyclist for almost all my life. From sanctioned BMX racing through high school to road cycling and mountain biking in my adult years.

The long and short of the resolution was this: I started getting gun-shy about road cycling. I’d been hit by a car and taken some spills, and as the years went on I got more and more nervous about being on the road. So this year I sold off the last of my road cycling stuff and got a 29" hard MTB and some upgrades for it. There’s a MTB trail not too far from my house, and I figured I’d work regular rides into my schedule.

Well, that latter part never really happened. So I’m all set to follow through on #2, but I haven’t done it yet.

5 Likes

Should get yourself a wahoo kicker @JustTim ,
That’s what I use, safer than riding the streets :+1:
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I achieved mine but I need to go for the stretch goal still :rofl:

3 Likes

a what the what now?

2 Likes

Did not go well.
I think this is going to be my 2022 resolution also.
And then I’m going to keep carrying it over year after year until I get it.

5 Likes

One of these@skydvr

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep life keeps getting in the way doesn’t it.
I was close on this but no cigar which leads to-------
My main resolution for 2022 will be to spend less time on this forum and more time practicing

3 Likes