Noll tcm2 wiring help

My new preamp has just arrived and on reading the wiring instructions it states if the blend pot is not going to be used to wire the pickup directly to the volume pot.
Being a little dense I have no idea how to wire a pickup to a push/pull switch.
Help please :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Looks like your push pull volume pot. Is going from active 9v to passive no batteries. With this noll preamp. Seems like these come pre wired ready for 9 or 18 volt. I really don’t understand what your question is about hooking it up?
https://www.noll-electronic.de/bass-electronics/tcm-2/
Did the kit come with 4 pots? Looks like the pick up get connected on balance pot which connects to volume and the noll controller. The blend pot is were your pick up are connected your using the Grey or white wire from controller to connect volume and pickups from blend.

3 Likes

I would ask Frankie bass tech @ bestbassgear
877-839-3531. I’m sure he works on these daily.

3 Likes

Hey @BigAl . Thanks for the reply.
What I’m trying to do is get rid of the blend pot and solder the directly to the volume pot.
So basically I need to find out what wire goes where.
I’ll drop Frankie an email :+1:

2 Likes

I found diagram for noll volume push pull . Hope this helps.

Not sure if this is the Volume push pull that came with your kit. Think that’s the Schematic you need to get rid of blend pot.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @BigAl . Thank you

3 Likes

This was still doing my head in so I emailed Noll Electronics and received a reply from no other than the man himself Klaus Noll :scream: within 12 hours.
All explained and I’m ready to do surgery on the Ray4 tomorrow

3 Likes

May the force be with you.
Should be a piece of :birthday:.
You talked to the Dude. :rofl::sweat_smile::joy:.
Good luck Brother.

1 Like

I freaking love companies that respond to customer enquiries.

JAM pedals are superb in this regard and Noll are now added to my “pay attention to these guys” list.

2 Likes

Me too, man I tell you so many of late have been SUPER helpful.
There are a few that have been much less than responsive though, and they are going to fall off my radar for purchases for sure.

2 Likes