Noob Josh is Born

I was trolling Josh’s old channel and found this gem:

I think this must have been the inspiration for Noob Josh that we’ve seen on the new channel. I laughed so hard! :laughing: :rofl: :sweat_smile: I don’t know if I had more fun watching it or Josh had more fun making it. The comments were pretty funny too!

17 Likes

You’re fired @JoshFossgreen!!!

7 Likes

I can’t help it… I really like the sound of playing way too hard.

7 Likes

Hahahahahaha
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Curiously I am able to do all the things Josh points out on my new bass! At last I can genuinely claim I have some innate music ability :grin:

9 Likes

@kwt7667 I also crack up with Josh’s humour, even if I’m playing the same vid for the 20th time. I’m surprised he doesn’t get fed up with me. :rofl:
On module 8 and I’ve only sworn at Josh once, sorry about that @JoshFossgreen :innocent:

9 Likes

What? How could you? - tsk, tsk, tsk

The only thing I always do is the following dialogue:
Josh: “If you want you can try the muting for this tune.”
Me turning to girlfriend: “Tell him I’m already doing that!”
Her: “He’s already doing that.”

It’s stupid, but has become kind of a fun ritual(?) during my lessons.

12 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

I never cursed at him, but Module 8 was the most trying. “See you in the slow workout! 1,2,3…” Me: “Whoa! Whoa! That’s crazy fast” (on Your love takes me Higher). Later…“See you in the fast workout!” Me: “Right…”

I had to do that lesson serveral times before I was able to get going. Just be patient…

6 Likes

Haha love it!!!

3 Likes

You make it work. Plucking too hard + immense enthusiasm = still sounds good somehow. :yum:

8 Likes

Geddy Lee does it too, so it’s not like it can never work.

8 Likes

Was it because of Billie Jean?
For me it was Billie Jean.
I’m betting it was Billie Jean.

DAMN YOU, BILLIE JEAN!!!

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

@eric.kiser sorry but no cursing at BJ. You all had me prewarned about her.
Syncopation is the one that makes me feel like I have two left feet. In my head I hear Noob Josh saying “Please Josh” :rofl:
BJ took 9 runs to complete the slow workout, and I left her as fast as I could. But she is part of my daily practice, just the riff. When I’ve completed the course, she will be my first port of call. I have a circle on my schedule, I’ll be back :rofl: :guitar: :guitar:

8 Likes